SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Morels

5/12/21 @ 6:55 PM
INITIAL POST
castle rock rigger
User since 12/9/12

where can I find morel mushrooms here in sand country? Adams county.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 46 posts
TODAY @ 9:35 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
I've seen those Ranger, was just buying this for the season.  I believe I've seen your posts on the lymes thread. I had it for at least 10 months before we figured it out myself.  The little buggers are terrible this year by us. I think the warm weather and amount of rain really helped them out. Thank you for the advice.  
TODAY @ 8:57 PM
RangerKid
User since 6/26/01
Pool instead of spraying on the permethrin, which only last for a short while, a better option if you spend any amount of time in the field or woods, is to lay down the shekels and buy a set of clothing with the permethrint infused into the fabric. It lasts for the life of the clothing, and it works like magic. I've made other posts talking about this product but it's always worth mentioning again cuz those ticks are nasty little disease carriers. Elimatic is the only company I know of that makes infuse clothing in a camo pattern.
TODAY @ 8:53 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06
That's a great harvest, Jimmer! Enjoy those shrooms and keep on posting,  man
TODAY @ 8:48 PM
Deertroller
Deertroller
User since 4/30/15
We had a good supper time soaker today, that should get things moving!
TODAY @ 8:01 PM
RangerKid
User since 6/26/01
Good lookin breakfast jbt. Maken me hungry.
TODAY @ 6:59 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05
I got out for an hour or so yesterday, and came home with about 4lbs of nice ones. Felt good to get out, and the rain we’ve been getting is a real blessing. Haven’t had a lot of time, but chasing shrooms and gobblers are two of my favorite parts of spring. Bird is from a hunt with a good bud of mine in first season Good picking to all. 
Morels photo by the Jimmer
5/3/24 @ 11:39 AM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06
Morels for breakfast today. Found some walking the dog on deer trails
Morels photo by jaybeeturtle
5/2/24 @ 5:42 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Bud, I sent you a message.  
Ticks are brutal,  even with deep woods off. Gonna get permithin ,not sure on the spelling.  Gonna spray a few sets of clothing for the wife and me.
No asparagus by me, I wish.
5/2/24 @ 5:09 PM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
User since 5/19/10
Pool   Were you north or where i think you go when to make a trip south. I plan on going up to one of my spots just north of your south location.
Morels photo by BUD E LEE
5/2/24 @ 4:52 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09
Good haul Pool. Homesteaders would be proud.
I hear ya on the tickers. They are definitely plentiful at the moment.  Scored some asparagus but all strikeouts for the Morels.
5/2/24 @ 4:30 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Wife and I went out today,  found some half frees. More ticks on us than mushrooms.  We were covered.  I got to check her...  

Morels photo by Pool8
4/25/24 @ 9:05 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Too early, need a warm rain or two yet.  Patience....
4/25/24 @ 8:45 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09
Checked on the Asparagus yesterday evening. Small nubs in the batters box. 
Morels on deck.
4/25/24 @ 8:33 AM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Went looking yesterday at one place. Zip on the mushrooms but hit pay dirt on the ticks. 
4/24/24 @ 8:26 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Try one of these, LOL.

On another note, I have never understood the fascination with Morels. I personally don't think they have the flavor most people talk about. If you saute them in butter, salt and pepper I personally think they taste like butter, salt and pepper.
 I have them growing along my driveway and sometimes don't even pick them. Just my opinion, give me baby portabellas.
Morels photo by Polski
Displaying 1 to 15 of 46 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE