Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

MEXICO

6/27/18 @ 9:25 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

The Milwaukee journal has had a interesting/scary series of articles about traveling to Mexico after a girl from Pewaukee died.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/mexico-blackouts/2018/06/27/mexico-resorts-and-tainted-alcohol-assaults-blackouts-tourists-continue/733401002/

My wife and i thought about going there this winter but now have second thoughts...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 26 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
2/28/19 @ 9:22 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

Most of us don't have a choice on driving. We do have a choice on were to vacation. So many more beautiful and safer Caribbean locations to visit than Mexico. Mexico has by far the cheapest resorts, for a reason. 

2/28/19 @ 9:08 AM
NAV165
User since 5/23/05

I just read the article, 75 Americans were killed in Mexico in 2016.  That same year 37,806 died in traffic accidents in the US.  I'm not going to quit driving and I'm not going to quit going to Mexico.  Using common sense goes along way in keeping you safe in both instances. 

2/28/19 @ 7:33 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

It was reported tis morn on news that more Americans are killed in Mexico than all of the other countries combined. This list doesn’t include military. 

6/27/18 @ 8:38 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Dave, I know you travel a lot. I spent my career keeping you safe in this country, and I know your love of fishing pulls you to places you want to go. I pray you will always be safe, as with everyone else on here, but as someone else said, they thought Miami was unsafe. If Miami is unsafe, it’s because of the people that live there voting the wrong people into office. You have the choice to not go there. (That’s the last place I would want to go)! But either way, it was Dave’s post that hit me in my heart. I always want the people to be safe when they leave our borders(that are left). Once you’re outside our borders, you will have to deal with their Gov. and the US Embassy. Good luck to all, especially Dave!!! Lol

6/27/18 @ 8:28 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

Its funny Carpio, I had no idea that Aussie's hated us until Canadian's I worked with told me when they vacation in Australia, they (Canadians) are sure to have the maple leaf logo on their backpacks and luggage, so locals (Aussies) know they are not Americans when they are out and about in Australia.

5/27/04 @ 9:20 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

12 pk!   U know why they dislike us?  (Brits, aussies, Polanders and a couple of others not included).  Jealousy! We have, they do not.  CARPIO 

6/27/18 @ 8:00 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

For that matter, we should cancel all trips to Milwaukee (there goes Summer Fest) and Chicago.

6/27/18 @ 7:09 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

I have to admit that I am not a beach-goer (hence the handle....people tend to push me in the water when I am lying on a beach), thus my opinion means little to anyone.

I think if you want a beach, there are countless beaches from Virginia around the horn to Texas, Hawaii, and much of California where I would visit before Mexico.  Since the political crap started getting bad, combined with my experience working for a Canadian employer and realizing how much even our closest allies in the world look down their noses at Americans in general, I refuse to spend money outside of the US on a vacation.  Call it a boycott of sorts.

I know that I don't matter, but it's my little bit of patriotism that allows me to sleep better at night.  Yes, I still think patriotism is ok. 

And I do think that you are just as likely to get mickeyed and assaulted in Miami as Cancun, maybe more likely...and I know that cruise ships are worse (for women anyway).  Very sad.

6/27/18 @ 6:11 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I agree SnakeSter.. fishing has been taking me to the Bahamas, Mexico, Belize and Honduras (most dangerous) and going to Cuba in Fall..

Darn good fishing has me taking some risk.. but if something happens, no one to blame but ones self.

6/27/18 @ 6:00 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Sometimes it doesn’t matter where you go in that country. The Cartells will shoot up any area they feel they need to. It has happened at them fancy on the water resorts. I will never go back. The Gov. Is so corrupt it’s silly. My story is a long one so not putting it out here, but have been to more countries than most, and know when it’s not worth it at the moment. I’m dead serious, go at your own risk. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 26 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.