Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Madison

5/16/14 @ 7:52 PM
ORIGNAL POST
drptine
User since 6/6/07
What would be a nice area to look for a house on the westside of Madison. How are the schools up there. Thanks for the suggestions.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 35 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/11/14 @ 2:09 PM
mapper
User since 1/4/02
drptine,

For fishing, you may want to join the Yahara Fishing Club- www.yaharafishingclub.org/. They meet the first Tuesday of each month, I believe.

Mapper

9/9/14 @ 12:18 PM
drptine
User since 6/6/07
I am living between Madison and Franklin right now spending more time in Madison. Looking to meet some people up here that share the same interests like hunting just about anything and fishing. Any suggestions on where to start.

6/18/14 @ 7:14 PM
drptine
User since 6/6/07
Company supplied a very nice furnished cond till october. Nice not to have to worry about moving things multiple times. Thanks

6/17/14 @ 9:35 AM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01
So did you buy or rent a place for the time being? I hope you enjoy your time in the Madison area. I certainly did, but no regrets moving away either.

6/16/14 @ 8:33 PM
drptine
User since 6/6/07
First day in middleton.

5/24/14 @ 2:18 PM
BeerTownFyreman
User since 6/15/01
"The Mad Chain is a fish factory for bass/muskie/panfish, and not bad for walleyes."

You only need to witness a good perch outing once on the ice to be hooked forever! The deep weed edges in the summer can offer some awesome bluegill fishing. Those Mendota gills are bulls! People who know, understand that the small mouth and walleye fisheries are under-rated... and that's just fine. lol

I will agree, taxes as they are, your dollar could go further if you weren't in Dane Co... but as mentioned, everyone pays taxes.

When I first met my father in law, he used to work 1st shift. Sometimes in the summer, on nice days, he wouldn't get home till almost dark. After a couple of times, I asked him if he worked OT? He took me to the back of his truck, and showed me his bucket with a nice mix of pan fish. When he could, he would stop at the Cherokee Marsh on his way home every now and again to pick up a few fish. We went together the next weekend, and managed to add enough to the collection for a nice fish fry.

Pretty neat to have big city amenities so close to rural living like that.

5/24/14 @ 12:39 PM
JethroBodine
User since 12/21/01
While I agree the being in Madison isn't a wilderness experience, the fishing is a lot better than "OK".

The Mad Chain is a fish factory for bass/muskie/panfish, and not bad for walleyes.

5/23/14 @ 2:44 PM
Rempump
User since 5/8/03
Dane county is very expensive to live in. If you can, live in a neighboring county and commute in. The Madison liberals will drive you nuts, the never ending tax hikes will hit your pocket book. Middleton shcools are pretty good but the liberal Madison policies are overflowing into Middleton. I moved to Madison 10 years ago and then to Sun Prairie about 5 years ago. Sun Prairie is not much better on taxes but that is mainly due to county taxes. SP is also suffering from Madison's liberal policies and the Chicago affect is starting to take hold. If we the folks in Dane county don't vote in some new folks soon, there will be no one left to pay the bill.

5/22/14 @ 12:36 PM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
User since 5/1/05
Sextonville, first time I've ever seen that city referenced on LL.

Have family there since the 30's/early 40's and off Hell Hollow Rd since the early 1900's (1908 I think)

Have to laugh every time you say the name and they do a double take. LOL

5/22/14 @ 12:06 PM
JethroBodine
User since 12/21/01
"In a second scenario, heavy federal investment in green tech, biotech and high tech transforms Dane County into a tech powerhouse"

Yes! Yes!

We MUST have higher taxes to fund more research on global warming and contracts for those who track and prevent it!

Dull

Amazing how the people who champion global warming and the "dire threat" the loudest are those with financial interests. (E.G. Al Gore, researchers studying it)

And yet if we look at average temps for the area over the last 100 years they're not much different....the last two winters were brutally cold...a few of the last summers were cold too.

I suppose if I worked for the lightning rod company I'd be posting studies about the dangers of lightning too. Wondering

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 35 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.