LOGIN
Lake-Link

Lets all hate on ESPN

5/7/17 @ 7:16 PM
ORIGNAL POST
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
Watching the Sun night game now and the woman in the booth with the 2 announcers is completely useless. Why is she there?  What is her baseball background? Who did she play for? I just dont get it.  They let go of some very good people and then this girl retains her job. WHY???

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 30 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/13/19 @ 2:50 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

ditto post removals ... PSE, we've traded msgs on books a while back.. so this did seem out of character 

10/13/19 @ 2:41 PM
PSE
MEMBER since 11/25/05

Just figured out what OP means and looked at the OP date. I'm dumb. self imposed removal from LL for awhile.

10/13/19 @ 1:25 PM
PSE
MEMBER since 11/25/05

What if she does a 7th inning stretch "recipe segment" for all the female viewers?  

10/13/19 @ 1:10 PM
Analog man
Analog man
User since 12/10/18

PSE, Lake-Link is different. We are legends in our own minds. 

10/13/19 @ 11:15 AM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

ESPN is no longer relevant. They are east coast biased for one thing. They start rumors just to get clicks. Their programming includes spelling bees, poker (is there anything more boring?), corn hole, darts, food eating contests, etc. 

I don't get ANY news from any sport on ESPN, and only watch it for any live football. Ive DVRd some of their daily shows and they're bad.

(Oh, I DVR Formula 1 races, but ESPN uses the Sky Sports rebroadcast from Great Britain)

10/13/19 @ 9:25 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I think if you read all the posts... most from over 2 years ago, there wasn't a lot of agreement with the OP on the chick in the booth, but a lot of agreement that espn is slowly swirling clockwise because it has forgotten or intentionally lost /forgotten/changed it's charter

10/13/19 @ 9:13 AM
PSE
MEMBER since 11/25/05

So she cant comment on professional baseball because she never played professionally? How many of you lake-link commentators on football, baseball basketball or hockey has played professionally or even beyond high school? Very few I would guess. Then again, there are some very knowledgeable contributors to the conversations on lake-link that have not played every sport either but they comment on intelligently. You hadnt needed to play every sport to analyze and comment smartly. 

10/13/19 @ 8:56 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

LMFAO!! dammit BA

10/13/19 @ 8:41 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
What did we learn

boB watches The view

10/13/19 @ 8:28 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I remember when they first aired, and it was about sports and only sports...

... now it is the "sports" version of The View ... cackling ninnies.. AMEN!! ... just like The View ! ... lol

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 30 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.