LOGIN
Lake-Link

IRS Tax Fraud Scam

5/31/18 @ 12:27 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I got a robo call from Officer Steve Parker of the Internal Revenue Service in Camarillo, CA during lunch today informing me of a tax fraud lawsuit that will be forwarded to the Federal Courts if I don't call him back immediately.  According to "Officer Parker", if I don't, I could be fined or even arrested.  Obvious scam confirmed by a quick internet search.  They didn't even provide a toll-free number to respond to.  Has anyone screwed with these scammers?  I'm thinking about having a little fun with them.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 50 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/5/18 @ 2:12 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I tried calling my "IRS Agent" back a few times this week but there's no answer.  

Great Job Dave!

6/5/18 @ 1:50 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

There is certainly big money to be made as a college FB coach though that money is gotten from voluntary alumni donations.

6/5/18 @ 11:43 AM
amaranthlost
User since 5/31/10

I'd say there is a distinct difference between a state run university and a for-profit college. I'm not a big fan of for-profits after having attended one. Most seem to be just diploma mills.

But 39 of the 50 top highest paid public employees are coaches...

6/5/18 @ 9:24 AM
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

The reason that colleges can loan a 17 yr old $90000 is that members of Congress made money from it. That's how they buy mansion #3 and so forth.

6/5/18 @ 8:56 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

maybe there shouldn't be govt backed loans ( our money, btw ) for navel lint studies, etc., that won't have a job waiting for them other than marching

6/5/18 @ 6:15 AM
fishs
User since 2/17/04

I used to get the Dish Network calls sometimes 3 times a day. Finally made a appointment to have them come out and of coarse I wasn't home when they showed. Got a call back from them at how important THEIR time was so I rescheduled. Wasn't home the second time either. Calls stopped.

6/5/18 @ 5:08 AM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

BeerTown-

I got the exact same call and messed with him for a bit, when he got frustrated I told him he was a stupid camel molester and hung up. He called back and left the same VM about the wife and daughter but also threw in raping the son in law as well.

6/5/18 @ 12:06 AM
goju
User since 12/30/10

My all time favorite Mabe bit is when he found out about a telemarketing convention in town with leading execs from numerous firms.  He started call them at 3:00AM pretending to be a telemarketer trying to sell sleep aids.  He even offered to sing lullabies to help them get back to sleep. 

6/5/18 @ 12:02 AM
goju
User since 12/30/10

Tom Mabe told a telemarketer trying to sell him a home alarm system that the homeowner was out and he was burglarizing the house.  Then asked for a number so he could call back later.  

6/4/18 @ 11:59 PM
goju
User since 12/30/10

Check out Tom Mabehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 50 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.