MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Independence Fund .org (Veteran Track Chairs)

5/25/18 @ 8:54 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

(Sorry thought this might deserve a dedicated thread)

Good Morning..

As Memorial Day approaches I thought I would post this in the hopes that some might see their way to help some Veterans that didn't pay the ultimate sacrifice, but will live with the severe injuries they sustained while protecting our Freedom.

There is currently a very Patriotic Woman (who wishes not to be identified) who is matching all donations made to the Independence Fund until July 4th. Independence Fund is an Organization that provides Track Chairs to severely injured Veterans. These chairs help injured Veterans become more mobile and offer them the opportunity to do things that they would not be able to do without them. Something as a Sportsman I would appreciate if I were in their situation. Frankly, the Government should be providing them, but currently they view them as a "luxury" item. That is a debate for another day.

Now would be great time to consider making a donation to the Fund since all of these donations will be matched. It has not been promoted to a great extent, if you have questions or concerns that your donation will be matched, please call them and verify that the matching is occurring.

Each Chair in the Mobility program cost approximately $15,000, a cost most of these Veterans can not afford, but with help from others, even in small donations can add up quickly.

I was honored when my Father died a year and a half ago, he was a WWII Veteran, to donate an entire cost of a chair in his name. My wife and I are fortunate enough that at this time of the matching funds to again donate the cost of an entire chair knowing that to donate one, they get two.. I post this not for accolades, but to show our commitment to this cause.

If you can, please consider donating.

Thank You, Dave

Independence Fund

DISPLAYING 1 TO 2 OF 2 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/25/18 @ 9:26 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Good on you Dave and thank you for posting.  I give monthly to Semper Fi Fund, another worthy charity.  And Memorial Day is a great time for a reminder.  If you truly appreciate our servicemen and women, help out!  No donation is too small.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 2 OF 2 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.