Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

IMSA Weathertech Series

1/27/18 @ 1:45 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Racing has begun! They have dropped the flag at the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

Huge field, huge names from all over the world competing. The biggest is Fernando Alonso. Many IndyCar drivers competing, Sebastion Bourdais, Simon Pagednaud, Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, Ryan Hunter-Reay, and maybe others. AJ Allmendinger FRO M NASCAR.

Roger Penske has jumped back into sports car racing with a splash, featuring Helio Castroneves in one car and Juan Pablo Montoya in the other full-time in the series. 

The GT classes look extremely competitive again this year.

Tim 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 20 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/4/19 @ 7:33 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
User since 12/9/08

That was a great last few laps at Road America.

8/3/19 @ 10:11 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Tickets for IndyCar are $100 on sale now RA website. Got campsite reserved already. Announced yesterday IMSA will be back at RA same weekend next year. Life is good!

Tim

8/3/19 @ 8:51 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

Im jealous, Tim. I couldn't make it this year due to a family (in law marriage) obligation in central MN. 

Happy wife, happy life; kind of. 

She owes me BIG TIME Tim, so next year it's IMSA WeatherTech AND the NTT Indy Series at RoadAmerica.  Book it. Get your tickets. 

I was looking at the TV schedule, before I left, so I could set my DVR. NBC isn't even showing it live, its on delay from 5 to 8 on Sunday. What a joke.

8/3/19 @ 9:53 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

The McLaren 720S GT3. 

Tim

7/31/19 @ 5:57 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Heading up to Road America on Friday morning for the weekend. Weather looks fantastic! Read today that Chevy is going to have the new mid-engine 2020 Corvette on display. 3 days of sports car racing are in my future! 

Tim

7/5/19 @ 9:37 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Rich,

Got my ticket for RA yesterday. Prices go up on the 25th. Currently $50 for Sunday only. I got weekend ticket for $110.

Tim 

5/9/19 @ 3:37 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

THAT is interesting!   

F-1 and NeckCar are trying to make clones of all brands and IMSA "is looking to give manufacturers additional styling freedoms in existing areas, in an effort to showcase stronger brand recognition". 

I know NeckCar doesn't have many night races nor do they race in the rain on road courses, but maybe they should light the exteriors with LEDs for nights and put frickin' windshield wipers on to attract new fans.

IMSA at night

5/9/19 @ 3:24 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Latest news from IMSA regarding the new DPi 2.0 car. The race from Mid-Ohio last weekend was highly entertaining. 

Tim

IMSA Weathertech news

5/5/19 @ 9:45 AM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

Tim, If all goes as planned it's a deal! 

5/4/19 @ 11:01 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

It was just announced this week there will be another Super Sebring weekend next February. So tempting...

Tim 

P.S. Rich, I'll be at RA all 3 days for IMSA. We must hook up.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 20 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.