LOGIN
Lake-Link

Ideal Boat Launch/Ramp

7/13/18 @ 2:09 PM
ORIGNAL POST
jjwegs
jjwegs
User since 2/15/12
Seeing the post about the ramp at Wind Lake got me thinking.  Seems every launch is different, some are steep, some are shallow/flat, some are wide, some are narrow, multiple ramps, etc.  If you had to put together an ideal boat launch for the Wisconsin region, taking into account the summer and winter (ice) uses, what features would it have?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 12 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/14/18 @ 11:45 AM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13

One with  a big sign that reads  "No boat launch idiots allowed". LOL.  And preferably one that is always vacant when I pull in.

7/13/18 @ 9:32 PM
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

NO POWER LOADING, EVER! (JMO)

7/13/18 @ 6:44 PM
ttreebark
ttreebark
User since 7/6/06

All good ideas, also electrocute any web feet on the pier.

7/13/18 @ 6:09 PM
shadling1
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
Ample parking for one. Also multiple docks. Ideally someone there to police the launch, especially on weekends. Then fines for anyone fishing off the piers while people are trying to load/launch. All vehicles with out trailers parking in designated trailer spots get towed. Also piers until ice up and out right after ice out.

7/13/18 @ 4:43 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

The one where no one's there when i get there and when i leave. 

7/13/18 @ 4:23 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Ding ding ding!  12packabs wins.  No need for any more posts.

7/13/18 @ 3:25 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

The "perfect" launch will have hot bikini models stationed to assist in holding the boat while I get the truck.  With cold free beer to hand out as well.

7/13/18 @ 3:19 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

I basically agree with Bugle. That’s the ideal situation, however it eliminates a lot of good water. 

I’ve launched at a lot of different places all over, and have to say the fairgrounds launch in Depere is one of the best. Plenty of room, plenty of docks and ample parking. Things usually flow in a way that make sense even when it’s busy. I can’t speak to what it looks like here once it warms up, but when I fish it in the very early spring there are few BLI’s. If you’re going to launch when the temps are in the teens and you’re dodging ice chunks, odds are you’re probably competent.

7/13/18 @ 2:50 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I prefer shallow undeveloped launches that restrict use to those with small fishing boats, canoes and kayaks.  Keeps the noise level and wakes to a minimum.  Not trying to come off like the folks on Wind Lake.  The public has every right to use any public launch.  But if their boat and trailer aren't compatible, those are the lakes for me.

7/13/18 @ 2:32 PM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

The genital warts went a little too far. Otherwise yes.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 12 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.