SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

hey! I stop smoking!!!!

1/11/02 @ 5:51 AM
INITIAL POST
SwampHog
User since 6/15/01
support group for those who would like to stop smoking.
Displaying 11 to 20 of 822 posts
2/3/21 @ 9:31 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

I quit cold turkey as well, on Thanksgiving, use to keep track but it's been well over 10 yrs I think, could buy a carton of Doral menthol for $20... the then governor was going to add a $1 tax/pack, and there was no way I was paying that...

2/3/21 @ 7:43 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

I quit years ago and would still have a couple here and there when I was out drinking. Last year for deer hunting I took 2 weeks off and decided to get a couple packs of smokes, been smoking since. Time to get on that wagon again. 

2/3/21 @ 6:47 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I quit cold turkey years ago, never really remembered a day or tracked.

I did get a crazy shock when my wife got a pack at Kwik Trip last weekend and they were $9.64 a pack for Marlboro. Wow!

2/3/21 @ 1:24 AM
Kernal1
User since 3/3/12

6 years yesterday.  I keep a spreadsheet of money not spent on smokes.  I smoked a pack a day, she a half.  Both my wife and I.  A little over $32,000 over 6  years.  This suprised me, thought there was something not quite right with the calculation. Nope.  Let me know if I can help.  

3/17/20 @ 2:07 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

My fishing buddy had mouth cancer from chewing, they removed part of his tongue.  He talks funny but is ok.  This was about 30 years ago. CARPIO.  I quit smoking when they raised the price to .99 a pack.   CARPIO 

3/17/20 @ 7:31 AM
Tuck1212
User since 12/8/19

I quit chewing for 2 weeks now pretty easy after the first 3 to 4 days

3/15/20 @ 7:11 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Shane, I smoked for 35 years,  when your ready you will. I agree with B@R ditch the patch . The first 3 days suck. Then it's the habbit you have to get past. Once I did it I couldn't believe how easy it was .  Good luck , I hope the best for you.

3/11/20 @ 5:57 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

You CAN do it Shane!   Cold turkey!  The only way.   I tried all of the so called cures,they only led to frustration.    I went cold turkey and after 2 days I knew I had it licked.  This was in 1982. CARPIO 

3/11/20 @ 5:09 PM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

I used Chantix to quit smoking cigars 2 years ago, that stuff really worked good for me, I had some pretty strange dreams while taking it. And I tried all the quit smoking aids. Worked for me!

3/11/20 @ 4:14 PM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

Good luck Big Shane!

Displaying 11 to 20 of 822 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE