MORE
General Discussion

GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
INITIAL POST
tim
tim
User since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,007 posts
4/22/24 @ 10:13 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
OSD-  I would love to see GB get Zintner and Wright at those two spots. As you know I have been calling for DeJean since the season ended but not sure I would move up (lose picks) to get him. Wiggins frame/weight are a concern for me. We already have 1-CB who really does not like to tackle. Of course it is hard to ignore his elite speed. Still a pass for me and I would definitely not be a fan of Nubin at #25.  Still would be OK with Barton at #25 but am pretty sure Fatanau/Powers Johnson will be gone. A "no" on Mims at #25. He should have been on the field before this year with his size/athletic skills. Cooper/LB in the 2nd rd would be a good pick (imo) and like Safety a definite area of need.  

Saw Gute's press conference today. Of course like every GM he is playing poker this time of year and not giving away too much information. It was interesting when he mentioned they thought about taking Kraft in round 2 last year.  Just remember we traded down twice in that round. Gave up a chance for Branch who had a great rookie year at Safety for the Lions but we ended up getting Jayden Reed later in Rd2..Picked Wicks and Brooks with the additional 5th/6th rd picks. Gute uses TT's old line of wanting "more swings" during the draft and it certainly worked last year.  Only 3 days away.    

4/22/24 @ 7:53 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
MY LAYESY MOCK

25.Cooper DeJeanS Iowa
41.Ruke OrhorhoroDT Clemson
58.Edgerrin CooperLB Texas A&M
90.Jeremiah Trotter Jr.LB Clemson
91.Sedrick Van Pran-GrangerOC Georgia
126.Zak ZinterOG Michigan
138.Jaylen WrightRB Tennessee
202.Myles ColeEDGE Texas Tech
219.Frank CrumOT Wyoming
245.Carter BradleyQB South Alabama
255.Jaylen KeyS Alabama

4/22/24 @ 7:18 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
STARTINH TO SEE NUBIN SHOW UP ON SOME MOCKS.  IS HE WORTH A 1 AND WOULD YOU TRADE UP FOR dEJEAN, IF SO HOW FAR AND WHAT WOULD YOU GIVE UP THOUGHTS ON WIGGINS IF HE'S THERE AND NOT DEJEAN????

4/22/24 @ 2:55 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
MLF has said recently he isn’t concerned too much about the personnel they have currently with the defensive change. I’ll go with with what the Head Coach says and I’ll stick with Safety, DB, OT, and Linebacker. Everyone’s opinion means nothing until Thursday. 
4/22/24 @ 8:02 AM
ibfishn
User since 8/2/01
I don't know why but I don't want Mims anywhere near a Packers uniform.  I think that kid has bust written all over him.

I know I have been on record as saying I'm not in favor of taking a DT early but if Maason Smith is still there late in the 2nd round I think they have to really take a hard look at him.   His potential and versatility in the new scheme would be off the charts.  

I know it's not a popular opinion but I'm still all in on taking an interior offensive linemen with our first pick.  Even if it means trading back to get the right value.

4/21/24 @ 12:02 AM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
As we quantify x&o guys out here. 
Those guys have to go thru probably the most intense personal job interviews anywhere. 
It’s not HR in a company atmosphere anywhere.

It’s The Guy.

If he says yes…it’s a dang good day. 

We have a pretty dang good The Guy. 

4/20/24 @ 10:35 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
When I stated “I’m in Green Bay”…that is dang good thing. 

Oh boy, can I recall the days when a guy might call a fourth cousin, 3 times removed to tell them he was in Green Bay. “I don’t know what i’m gonna do”. 

I remember those years. 
4/20/24 @ 10:24 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
And he gets some dang quality coaching to work with him. 
Keep tabs on him folks. Maybe buy his jersey when he’s found his home here. 
4/20/24 @ 10:09 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
Yes, Dillard has had his downsides. 
But here’s this.
He says to himself, “Self, I’m 28 years old and I won’t get another shot. I’m in Green Bay. I was drafted as a first.
What is my legacy to my kids going to be?”

Don’t sell the young man short as far as his personal motivation. 

Good enough for Gute to see & understand something there,  Good enough for me to see how it goes. 
4/19/24 @ 4:34 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
POTENTIAL

https://wsucougars.com/sports/football/roster/andre-dillard/5368
4/19/24 @ 4:31 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
AGREE AFTER 6 YEARS DILLARD IS STILL MORE ABOUT POTENTIAL THAN PERFORMANCE, HOWEVER, HE DOES HAVE TACKLE SIZE AND FEET SO NOT MUCH DIFFERENT THAN A DEVELOPEMENTAL DRAFT CHOICE AT TACKLE
4/19/24 @ 2:41 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Dillard has been consistently awful at both run and pass blocking.
There was an athlete there when he was coming out into the draft.  Very high RAS.
His youtube cutup of all his sacks (league leading) showed a guy who didn't seemed coached at all.  Like he and the rest of the line didn't know who to block and were very slow out of their stances.
He's always lacked strength to anchor.  He did have good, quick feet and could move.
If there is still an athlete there, after injuries, our coaching staff will find it.  If not?  He won't make it out of camp.
4/19/24 @ 1:34 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
DILLARD WAS PICKED UP FOR HIS PASS BLOCING AND BOTH PHIL AND TITANS RUN MORE.
4/19/24 @ 1:21 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
I WOULD TRADE UP TO SECURE DEJEAN AND PAIR HIM WITH MCKINNEY. 25 AND 58 FOR 17 AND 114, THEN TAKE THE BEST CB AVAILABLE MAYBE MELTON AT 41. PRESTO INSTANT SECONDARY CREDABILITY.  HE'S JUST TOO GOOD A FIT FOR WHAT HATLEY WANTS TO DO.

4/19/24 @ 11:08 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I don't see Mitchell being anywhere close to where GB picks.  And I'd be very surprised if Arnold was anywhere close, too.

Should GB decide to trade up, I'm all for it.  Just not with any of our second round picks.  But a third or fourth to move up a few slots and secure someone (like they did with Love)?  Sure.

I'm not really sure who that would be. 

I'm just getting thoughts in my head (which are not uncommon) that while we may take a guard and a tackle, the tackle will be a developmental guy.  Suamatia, Paul, Greenfield.
 I can see a guard being taken to play right away.  Mason McCormick.  Haynes.  Beebe.  Zinter.  
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,007 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE