MORE
General Discussion

GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
INITIAL POST
tim
tim
User since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,038 posts
TODAY @ 3:41 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
It does seem we will get a surprise at some point.
TODAY @ 3:38 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
Yeah, I know. 

Coach Mike in Pittsburgh admitted as much last week. 
And nobody’s better than Gute at doing it. 

Still…an old boy can look forward to Christmas at some point. What’s under the tree this weekend that we just didn’t have a clue that it was coming?

Mmmmmmm. Good draft to you Vegas 👌🏻👍
TODAY @ 3:33 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
I agree with not giving either 2nd round pick. Praying Dejean holds up to 25.
TODAY @ 3:01 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Stitzo, it is NFL Misinformation season right now!
No doubt Gute wants more picks, but I don't think we need more late picks.  More 3rds?  Okay.  More 4'ths?  Okay.
We don't have a lot of roster spots open right now, but I like the idea of taking backups to learn to prepare for the next offseason.

With this OL class, we gotta nab at least 2, and hopefully 3.  With our safety room, we probably need 2 there as well.  And we need 1-2 ILB.
Then throw in an EDGE for depth and maybe a large DL in case we let Slaton go after this year.  RB would be nice, but this is a weak RB class, and we got Dillon back on the cheap.  I'd wait on one till the 5'th round or later.  Not sure I'd even draft a WR or TE.  (I like Sims a lot) Though Sinnot could fill that Deguara role easily and be better, I just think Sinnot is a 3rd rounder and that is too high considering what else we really need.

Is it time yet??
TODAY @ 1:56 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
Dang, I like that thinking Vegas. 

Gute said earlier this week he wouldn’t mind having 13 or more. 
TODAY @ 1:47 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
WHY I LOVE DRAFT TIME PLAYERS ON THE CHEAP. SOMETIMES BETTER THAN WHAT YOU HAVE ON THE FIELD FOR A HIGH PRICE.

27.Tyler NubinS Minnesota
41.Edgerrin CooperLB Texas A&M
58.Patrick PaulOT Houston
88.Jaden HicksS Washington State
91.Kamari LassiterCB Georgia
126.Jared WileyTE TCU
138.Jaylen WrightRB Tennessee
169.Isaac GuerendoRB Louisville
202.Caedan WallaceOT Penn State
219.Frank CrumOT Wyoming
245.Dominique HamptonS Washington
255.Nick GargiuloOC South Carolina

TODAY @ 1:33 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
It’s why you might scratch your heads in wonderment as to some draft picks. We might not need it now. But we will. Guaranteed. 
Keep the pipeline of excellence flowing. 

It is the Green Bay Packer process that works. 

Trust the Process. 
TODAY @ 1:14 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
Yeah, I was leaving that one alone. 
We’ve gotta leave the salary cap alone until Jordan gets what he’s earned. And oh boy. Yeah. 

And prepare for this folks. As nice as it is to have a young, dynamic team. Those young men are earning future financial security. We’ll never keep them all. That is reality. 

TODAY @ 12:53 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I really doubt we trade a pick (cheap) for a veteran (not cheap).  We are building a cash reserve so that we can extend Love and then set the team up to re-sign guys from the past two drafts.
It's also why I don't see a large move up.  I think we can, but we won't give up a second.  I think we would prefer to move down and get more 2nd and 3rd round picks.
Also?  Wouldn't shock me to see that we do a deal that gets us more picks next year.  More picks, more air time in your home stadium for the draft.
TODAY @ 12:22 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
If u draft 11 players you don't need or have room for as many UFA's.
TODAY @ 11:16 AM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
I expect Gute to move up to #17 or earlier if he finds a willing partner.  I am not opposed to trading a second rounder.  He has enough ammo to move back up tomorrow.

I will not be surprised if he trades a pick for a veteran player before this draft is done.

I will be surprised if he drafts 11 or more players.  That may make it less likely to attract undrafted players.
TODAY @ 10:35 AM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
Agree Vegas—
Too much talent here to let 2nds go. Immediate impact guys. 
A lot would most likely be firsts in previous years. 

These aren’t previous years. These young men are coming out faster and stronger. And driven to get here from an early age. 

Plus…..these guys got back-swatted by covid. 

Strap your boots on Packer Nation. 
This is gonna be a fun roller coaster ride. 

HOW FUN!!!

TODAY @ 10:09 AM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
Yes gsm—for the first time I’m gonna watch the draft. 
Mainly to see how things are gonna go up top. 

Oh how fun!! 

We’ll see what the GM’s around the league have learned to try to gain NFL competitional parity.

I’ll prolly nap after. I guarantee you my naps will be interrupted by…”AND THE GREEN BAY PACKERS”…

Go Pack Go!!
TODAY @ 10:01 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Pick 25 does have a lot of trade history.
I still feel like we can move up or down, but if we go up, it will be with no more than a 3rd round pick, so we are likely looking at moving up to 19-20 or something like that.  I don't see us wanting to give up one of our second round picks.

Wiggins.  Not saying I really like him, he's polarizing to me and he's just really slight.  But if he's there against guys like Mims and Guyton I think he's who GB would select.

We shall see soon enough.
TODAY @ 9:23 AM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
PRO MEMBER User since 12/15/08
Wouldn’t surprise me to sit up all night waiting for the Pack to make their pick only to hear…”The 25th pick has been traded to the ….whoever”……Wouldn’t be the first time
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,038 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE