LOGIN
Lake-Link

GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
ORIGNAL POST
tim
tim
User since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 54,046 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/18/19 @ 7:30 PM
Drahts
User since 9/8/17

The Raiders played the Bears tough and scored on that very good defense.   Beat them.  Beat the Broncos as well. Beat a surprisingly better Colts team than most thought. What concerns me is our present health and their slow progress this season.

10/18/19 @ 6:57 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

Drahts.  Again, competition is everything, how do the Raiders past games stack up against the Packers past opponents?   CARPIO 

10/18/19 @ 6:21 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04

And Carr has been very efficient in the passing game.

10/18/19 @ 3:59 PM
Drahts
User since 9/8/17

They do, but not as critical as what we may face.  Still a hope for MVS and Geronimo.  Clark too, but how healthy will they be?

The Raiders are averaging on the ground per carry better than any other team in the NFL when they face a loaded box.  Our defense averages among the worst with that same loaded box against the run.

They are going to try to ground chuck us to death.  Going to be a challenge on both sides of the ball as nicked as we are.

10/18/19 @ 1:30 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

Drahts.  Your post sounds ominous,but what about Oaklands injuries?  I’m sure that they have quality players out too.  CARPIO 

10/18/19 @ 12:57 PM
Drahts
User since 9/8/17

The big challenge for the Packer D this week is simply stopping their run game.  They ran it right at the Bears with success.  This is where they are going to test us.  Lowry had his best game of the year last week, hopefully Clark will play.  BJ Goodson continues to get an expanded role and this is where he can help us, against a team that's going to ground chuck us to death.   No Adams or Savage once again, both Clark and MVS missed practices this week. Geronimo too.  Yikes.

10/18/19 @ 9:42 AM
Drahts
User since 9/8/17

100% RIGHT ON DOG.  There is no way to rationalize the Gary pick with the veteran depth at that position.  Smith Bros and Fack.   Had he been drafted to a team with his skill set (no matter the scheme) he would be getting mucho snaps.  His time will come.

Raiders playing some good ball as of late, this is no easy one.  Looks like Adams and Savage again out, Clark possibly too.  Even without those 3 stars we still should win this one.  Anything can happen.

10/18/19 @ 4:49 AM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04

I'll throw in 2 cents on Gary. First its a situational thing. Savage comes in to an empty room at safety. One would expect a first round pick to have a serious impact in that scenario and he has. Gary comes into a room chalk full of millionaires. In that case the money guys are going to get the majority of snaps. I liken it to drafting a quarterback high, you don't expect the rookie to start until the vet is incapable and/or the season is lost. Certainly that hasn't been the case in Green Bay with the Smiths. Secondly why risk further injury if it isn't necessary. We know he will undergo surgery on his shoulder in the off season with minimal recovery time. Let him learn, develop, and avoid further damage to the shoulder as much as possible.

10/17/19 @ 5:58 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Regarding Gary.  I know that Pettine loved the guy.  So did pretty much the entire organization.  They saw the athlete and they think they can coach him to be an OLB.  And, I'm guessing here, but they knew he would be a work in progress.

If he were a Lion, Bear or Viking, I'd be laughing and calling him a bust.  You expect more out of a #12 pick.  But...he's a Packer, so I'll be a homer here and say he's a work in progress.  

That being said...he's playing faster now than he did in week one.  He's getting better.  Also...Fack is playing better than him, which is why those snaps are lower.  

I honestly think we will see more snaps and better snaps from him towards the end of the year and he's the guy you expect to make a huge leap in the offseason.

And I'll end with this...I wasn't keen on him at all in the pre-draft process.  I thought he didn't love football and was "soft".  And...I think I was dead wrong.  He's worked really hard to transform his body.  And he's not shying away from contact.  I think there is hope there, but still admit that I wish we had more impact from #12.

If you flip flopped him and Savage...I'd be happy.  And that is where I'm at now.  

10/17/19 @ 4:28 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04

Thanks Kona, after I posted that I went out and looked at all the Packer transactions. They've been busy.

IB I tend to agree with your Oline assessment but until I see a lot more play I'm not ranking them anywhere compared to other teams

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 54,046 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.