MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 8:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 62,377 Posts
6/18/19 @ 5:17 AM
olswampdog
olswampdog
USER since 10/6/04

I don't necessarily think its about ego. Most if not all of the players in the NFL are Alpha dogs and have been most of their lives. They wouldn't succeed if they weren't. Self doubt gets you a one way ticket out. I'd call it more like lack of class. While there may be some things I wouldn't care if a player was called out for publicly they wouldn't be football related. Being called out for conduct unbecoming would be an example. I guess I really don't have a problem with Mayfield calling out Johnson publicly for not showing up as it takes away from the goal. Calling out a rookie for not being as up to speed on play options I would keep in house. Heck I'd chew him out then help him with the playbook. Want to call yourself out for poor play have at it. Better yet, say you have to play better after a loss caused by poor play of others. You don't call out your coaches or fellow players for what you perceive as inadequate. All this talk about Rodgers intelligence is a lot of bunk as well. It took him a solid 3 years to learn McCarthy's system. His wonderlic of 35, while excellent, pales to Ryan Fitzpatrick's. His 130 IQ, while very good, isn't outstanding. What he does have is the ability to stay completely calm under pressure. While others lose their cool and are forced into mistakes when things go south, Rodgers maintains his composure. This I think more than anything leads to his extremely low turnover rate.

Post Your Comment
6/17/19 @ 11:04 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
USER since 5/22/15

It's silly season with a capital SILLY. 

I don't know what's going on, but I've been a staunch supporter of Rodgers' going back to the Favre fiasco.

With all his former coaches (excuses) gone, this season is on him. It's apparent there are writers out there that dont like him for some reason; probably his arrogance (confidence?). They didn't rag on Favre because they knew they were smarter than him, haha! Not so with Rodgers. 

I just hope for OUR sake that he and LaFleur are on the same page. Again, IMO if this new offensive fix is a failure, I'm eating crow and blaming Rodgers.

Edited on 6/17/19 11:06 PM
Post Your Comment
6/17/19 @ 10:35 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

If the Packers beat the Bears in the opener these comments won’t matter to anyone. Here is the reality for #12. His coach believes in running the ball. Rodgers won’t be running around the field. He will become a pocket passer. The Packers will throw the ball less and rely on play action.

The coach and GM are rebuilding the defense and restructuring the offense. It makes sense to protect Rodgers from himself because he’s no kid. A strong running game combined with good defense always plays well in the NFC. I think the Bears vs. Packers is going to become a little more smash mouth because of LaFleur.

Edited on 6/17/19 10:38 PM
Post Your Comment
6/17/19 @ 10:04 PM
beer bum
beer bum
USER since 1/9/19

The naysayers and pot stirrers are out in force.  Wonder when Scoops will weigh in?  

I’ll start worrying when he gets his own locker room......

Edited on 6/17/19 10:06 PM
Post Your Comment
6/17/19 @ 1:34 PM
Farnorthbadger
Farnorthbadger
USER since 12/7/13

Maybe the coaching should and could start calling Kaaron out when and if she ever screws up . Publicly . Like an ash chewing on National tv,the same way he calls out all of those young wideouts and tight ends that miraculously never seem to be able to turn out for him in recent years. Zero leadership from the 30 million dollar man moving forward in 2019 has Titletown looking like  its 1979 again .

Post Your Comment
6/17/19 @ 12:06 PM
bluefin16
bluefin16
USER since 1/9/08

If their is one thing Rodgers has shown thus far into his career, its his inability to check his ego at the door.... ever.

Post Your Comment
6/17/19 @ 12:01 PM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

I didn't think Mr. Rodgers comments were enlightening, surprising, or overly concerning.  There is some truth to what he said.  At the same time we also know 12 is very high on 12.  All this talk in the past about how "we are wasting Rodgers" looks more the joke today than it did even then.  Rodgers is a real good QB, he also has some real bad hang ups.  Hang ups that have crippled this team at times.  He's as or more talented than some of the very best including P Manning and Brady whom he himself mentioned.  He certainly has NOT displayed their maturity on the field or consistently good decision making ability.  Part of it is he allows his ego to get in the way, part of it is he simply is not as good as they were/are in that category..

Rodgers needs to work extra hard and absorb this new offense.  He needs to check his inflated ego at the door.  This coaching staff needs to challenge him.  More than that they need to call him out for every poor decision he makes and expect an explanation.  Sure you can free fall relying on your great cerebral ability.  But it damn well better work or it's time for a size 12 boot to be installed up your colon.  You do that by calling him out in private, in the film room, team meetings, and if need be in public.

Post Your Comment
6/17/19 @ 11:45 AM
olswampdog
olswampdog
USER since 10/6/04

If the plays called are good enough to put the offense in a position to win the one on ones, the play is good enough. If the play breaks down because of exceptional play by the defense or poor play by the offense it then becomes time for sandlot football where Rodgers has made his mark. He and his receiver/s then individually have to win.

Post Your Comment
6/17/19 @ 11:27 AM
olswampdog
olswampdog
USER since 10/6/04

Nihsif- between the anthem crap, ridiculous contracts, and players completely out of control I too am seeing a decline in interest in the actual games.

Post Your Comment
6/17/19 @ 11:07 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

I find that comment that Aaron both interesting and troubling.  Would love to have seen his face when he said.

#12 is many things, stupid isn't one of them, so there was a motive behind that statement.  And to this fan, who is below #12 in intelligence, as well as most others, my only conclusion is that Rogers feels like his experience in the NFL should trump his young head coaches game plan when he sees fit.

And while that may be true in some instances, key word is "may", it is a terrible look.  One that lends credibility to the Dunne story.

So yah, odd.  

Guess we will see what happens when Rodgers pulls this stuff during the season and on the field.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 62,377 Posts