MORE
General Discussion

GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
INITIAL POST
tim
tim
User since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,105 posts
TODAY @ 5:08 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
"One of the benefits of Bill Belichick and Nick Saban retiring is that they are both contributing to NFL draft broadcasts this season. Saban, the seven-time national champion, went out of his way to praise one of the Green Bay Packers’ selections on Friday, just one day after Belichick stated that Arizona offensive lineman was a clear-cut left tackle in the NFL."

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2024/4/27/24142404/green-bay-packers-news-nick-saban-marshawn-lloyd-running-back-usc-southern-california

4/28/24 @ 6:04 PM
4/28/24 @ 1:45 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Clark Cris, good point!   Dr. Love’s final college season not as good as his previous either.
Swampy, we don’t play CJ too often, guessing 
I’m just referring to our two divisional rivals, although your point valid as well. 
I never will get behind the Lions either, for my 67 years they have always been not quite good enough, and that crybaby coach wants to be the star more than his players. MLF, humble, smarter, 
And now completely in charge now that #12 gone. Saw many positive examples of it last year, this year will see explosive examples. 
Even if defense only as good or a little better than last year, offense (barring injury) be far better this year. 
4/28/24 @ 1:31 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
BMRR, any listing of NFC North teams that includes the Cubs, i would put the Cubs at the top since they play 162 games. They will end up with the most W's out of everyone.

Keep livin large!
4/28/24 @ 12:48 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
"There was only one Dan Morano, a QB needs time" I DON'T KNOW CJ STROUD DID WELL LAST YEAR!!
4/28/24 @ 11:50 AM
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09
It seems as though the Packers have a tendency at times, more than other teams, to look at prior years college output for players and do not just focus on what the players numbers were in '23.  The Penn State DB and the Tulane QB had much better numbers the year prior as compared to last year.  They seemed to do the same thing in last years draft with players like Musgrove and Wicks.  
Indeed, a few interesting UFDA's as well.  Can't wait for the season to start.
4/28/24 @ 11:43 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
1 Lions 
2 Bears
3 Cubs 
4 Packers 
5 Vikings. 

I will not commit to the year yet just like last year. 
4/28/24 @ 11:38 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
With my betting kona. Not sure what I would have posted here. You never know. Great investigative work though. 
4/28/24 @ 11:19 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Bears & Queens did indeed do well getting future QB’s. Unfortunately for them neither have the luxury of watching #12 and learning from MVP.
There was only one Dan Morano, a QB needs time despite the great receivers both teams have amassed. Dr. Love and crew been together a year under a great coach, who now has even better offense, better defensive coordinator, and now what should be a better stocked defense.
Fear not Packer faithful, best is yet to come!
4/28/24 @ 11:03 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Bassmaster+recordracks-    I have Lions , Vikings , Bears and packers in that order.

So BMR you mentioned you were 'dead-on" accurate in your NFC/North predictions last year. Above is what you posted in August last year. I can paste other comments from you in Sept/Oct stating the Packers would be last.  Certainly agree the Lions will be tough this year and the Bears could be a real challenge if they finally found a QB.  

4/28/24 @ 10:35 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Interesting last day of the draft. Added some more OL picks and the Monk kid looks interesting. 3 year captain at Duke and can play G/C. Kalen King was one of the highest rated CB's coming into 2023 but did not have a great year. Gute held true to his comment about wanting to draft a QB again. Thought Clifford looked pretty good in preseason so will see what we have in Pratt. 

We all expected at least one safety pick but 3 safeties was a bit of surprise to me (no DL or edge picks). I know Gute mentioned a couple of the guys could play nickel (and of course Special teams). Certainly shored up the middle of the defense with the Safety/LB picks. Expect two of these picks to be starters. Heard both Gute/MLF address the CB position and they stated Stokes is 100% healthy now and they feel good about Vallentine. Will see. They both also mentioned Engabare did not have ACL surgery and he could be on the field sooner than expected. That would be a bonus. Good edge/rotation guy.
4/28/24 @ 8:33 AM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
PRO MEMBER User since 2/15/23
What about your jets, how did the draft go Rodgers and gang green?
4/27/24 @ 6:57 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Lol Gillespie! I will send mine in a few months and I will be dead on accurate like I was last year!
4/27/24 @ 6:51 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
AND ON TO THE UDFAS
4/27/24 @ 6:14 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
WISHFUL THINKING BELOW DETROIT SHORED UP THEIR BIGGEST WEAKNESS DRAFTING 2 GOOD CBS ,MINNESOTA IS MINUS COUSINS, BUT THE REST OF THE OFFENSE NIGHT BE BETTER, AND NOW CHICAGO MAY FINALLY HAVE THEIR QB.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,105 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE