MORE
General Discussion

GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
INITIAL POST
tim
tim
User since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Displaying 1 to 15 of 67,975 posts
4/11/24 @ 7:58 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
I actually put your opinion in making with every thought I have. Still love ya as a Linker. 
Not many are connected with our every day thoughts, but are still good friends at that😀
4/11/24 @ 7:26 PM
Snake1
Snake1
Whiski, Ur allowed ur thoughts. America is a great place! 
4/11/24 @ 6:11 PM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
Wait a minute.  Did I just see that the Packers are picking 25th in the First Round of the draft?  How can that be?  Did I miss the report of them trading down?  I know for a fact that some here predicted they would be lucky to win a couple games after trading the star QB to the Jets.  Why would Gute trade down when this draft contains so many promising QB’s?

Man, I am really disappointed.  This rebuild could take a really long time.

Yeah, it probably makes sense to see what happens before hitting the PANIC button…or buying Super Bowl tickets too early.
4/11/24 @ 5:44 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
changes in players and coaching ...

Care to expand? The only real notable I believe they lost was Jones and they found a more than competent replacement.

I would agree with not calling them great going into the year, tides can turn fast with young teams. Thankfully many of them got some valuable playing time last year to allow for some optimism.
4/11/24 @ 5:00 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11
All this retoric about how great the Pack is nice ...but they are an unproven team....will not be same team that beat Dallas ....changes in players and coaching ...

BEWARE.....nice to be optimistic....but I'm a realist.this is not negative just realism
4/11/24 @ 4:17 PM
Snake1
Snake1
A lot of Pundits have GB taking Dejean. (Spelling?) 
4/11/24 @ 1:10 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Add this CB with Rochell and we can see that GB is loading that position group up with bodies.
So, my guess would be that we will use one of our earlier picks on a CB.
Shouldn't be all that surprising, rather it just reinforces the thought.
4/11/24 @ 12:04 PM
Snake1
Snake1
Isn’t that what I said? Lol
4/11/24 @ 10:52 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Team or Practice Squad!

Snake- It is a longshot for any UDFA to make a roster (or PS) so we will have to see how this guy looks in practice/preseason. You can never have too many DB's and usually guys like Green have to make a name for themselves on Special Teams to make a roster
4/11/24 @ 6:32 AM
Snake1
Snake1
Yesterday, Pack signed Gemon Green, CB, Michigan. He was a 3 year starter with his last season in 22. Did not get drafted, but Giants signed him, released him, then he did a small stint on their practice squad, but was released from a Heavy group of CB’s on NY Squad. Has 0 NFL games under his belt last year. 
He will have to compete again to land a spot for sure. Team or Practice Squad! 
4/10/24 @ 7:18 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Why is Chitowncrappieman posting Cubs//Bears stuff on a Packers thread?
Stay in your own lane!  
4/10/24 @ 7:05 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
The NFL really has no choice but to start Friday nights and on pay TV. Every year players want more money and it has to come from somewhere. We as fans have grown comfortable with the fact that some of these guys are getting paid three million dollars per game.

The salary cap cannot continue to go up 7nless they negotiate deals with the highest bidders and in some cases that's pay TV and Prime Time slots. There may come a time we all have to subscribe to a service just to watch a game, it's moving in that direct more amd more every year.

The only way to get back to the good old days of just Sunday football is to slash the salary cap and tell the players their pay will be slashed proportionally to offset the difference. GOOD LUCK with that!
4/10/24 @ 6:26 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
agree vegas enough qbs wrb and ots may go to drop a quality player to 25 be it an ol db or lb.
4/10/24 @ 3:31 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
A "hard no" for me concerning the Brazil Game for several reasons. The NFL had stated years ago they would not compete with the local Friday night High School games. So much for that commitment. And this game is also going to be lived streamed thru Peacock (NBC Universal). We saw this start last year in the play-off's. The only good news is the local markets (Philly, GB) will have the game. 

4/10/24 @ 2:55 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Well Xm,i repsect your opinion. I'm a Hard nose football fan and a dedicated baseball fan,. We all have our paths to travel right?
GREEN BAY PACKERS photo by chitowncrappieman
GREEN BAY PACKERS photo by chitowncrappieman
Displaying 1 to 15 of 67,975 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE