MORE
General Discussion

Go-Wild

8/19/19 @ 10:35 AM
INITIAL POST
phishin phool
phishin phool
PRO MEMBER User since 4/5/08

An example of "naming"...We went on line at 0945, like we were told we could, we were put in line on a "queue". We did NOT get a number. At 1032 "the wife" went on using her phone and was told all "bonus tags" for the area we wanted were all sold out! Whaaaaa??? Maybe I shoulda put this in the gripe site but damn!!! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo phustrated!!!   

Displaying 41 to 37 of 37 posts
8/19/19 @ 2:30 PM
phishin phool
phishin phool

swamp people, thanks again, for the positive comments!!!

8/19/19 @ 2:27 PM
swamp people
swamp people
User since 5/14/12

Yes B.A. that's what  a good sportsman does for his fellow hunters. For some it's all about me and greed.

I am not that way I'll help anyone any time. To many haters in this world. Any d.n.r.sales point can get it done. Even some piggly wiggly have them, gas stations,bait shops etc

8/19/19 @ 2:24 PM
phishin phool
phishin phool

duxup, sorry you lost out as well. Perhaps we should just go duck hunting???   

8/19/19 @ 2:22 PM
phishin phool
phishin phool

Thanks for all ya'lls comments. Well, except for you...BA. The thing that bothers me most is that I was placed into the Queue-It site, but never received any confirmation or status.  For twenty minutes I waited, no assigned number, nor did I know where I stood in line.  The only reason I found out that all tags were sold out for vilas county was when Mrs.Ph logged into the site on her iphone and found out the counties that were sold out already.  It seems pretty clear that if you go to a DNR sales site there is priority.  I guess I don't understand how the DNR offers a limited amount of tags, gives you the option to purchase on line, but doesn't state that priority will be given to those who walk in to a sales site.  If I had known that, I would have gone to the hunting/fishing store right down the road from me.   

8/19/19 @ 2:00 PM
duxup
User since 8/5/05

Just confirmed there is an advantage going to an offline license sale site. They do not get put in the randomizer que. So depending on how long the line is where you go, you could have a huge advantage. Was online at 9:45 and ended up being 14,778, no luck for my private Vilas tag.

8/19/19 @ 1:17 PM
JigRod
User since 11/16/01

It didn't matter what time you signed in as long as it was before the randomized order at 10:00. I was 15,300 in line and didn't get a tag for Forest cty. I like the system even though i didn't get a tag. I liked the updates while in line as to what counties were sold out.

8/19/19 @ 1:08 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Antlerless deer harvest authorization availability 2019

Bonus Antlerless Deer Carcass Harvest Authorization Availability

8/19/19 @ 1:07 PM
dandigger
dandigger
User since 4/30/08

signed on at 9:55 was told I was 81st in line and had my public northern forest tag by 10:05. worked pretty slick i'd say. sorry your experience was different.

8/19/19 @ 12:23 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

I signed on at 9:30-ish and was 16,521 in line.  Fortunately I did get my private land tag in Taylor County.  Had it all done by 10:40.  

8/19/19 @ 11:47 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

So now that you gave up your  little tip here online

Just figure there's only one phone line to the DNR on those machines and there's how many Walmart stores or stores that have the DNR machine throughout Wisconsin and the bordering states

just figure out how many more will be lining up at all the stores that carry the DNR machines next time

Displaying 41 to 37 of 37 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE