LOGIN
Lake-Link

Getting logged out

1/12/17 @ 12:36 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

I never had this problem before but now I have to log back in to lake link on my iPhone and desktop when I open the site. What do I do? Especially on the iPhone.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/16/17 @ 2:24 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
The Lake-Link server has gone down

BA

1/16/17 @ 2:19 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

I actually stayed logged in for a couple days but after last night back to same old. The cookie settings are set correct.

1/13/17 @ 11:49 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I get it daily now, have for a few weeks now. I checked and I believe all my cookie settings are correct, I entered the LL domain in just in case. No issue with any of the other fishing sites so I'm not sure.

1/12/17 @ 8:15 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Steve, I'm far from a techie, but have two iPhones (one work and one personal), a laptop, and a desktop.  Since the upgrade I always have to log in on any of the above named devices.  Clicking the "remember me" box does nothing.   

Also, there are a number of other sites that require log in credentials that I frequent, and I only have the log in issue on lake-link.  I'm not complaining, just letting you know.  

I should also mention that the log-in issue occurs whether I am on wifi or using cellular data.  

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
1/12/17 @ 4:47 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08

Yes, that's helpful, thanks, Steve...

1/12/17 @ 4:37 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

I have been having this problem since the update also. Usually I can log in once a day and I stay logged in but sometimes I have to log in more than once a day. Another issue since the new site is I have access the fish reports from the home page. If I try to go there from the forum page I get the list of lakes but when I click on a specific report I get an error that directs me to the home page.

1/12/17 @ 4:09 PM
Steve - Lake-Link
Steve - Lake-Link
MEMBER since 8/21/19

Automatic login is a function of your computer/phone/device. If you check the box "remember me" when you log in, Lake-Link then attempts to write a "cookie" (a simple text file with some basic info) to the web browser of your device. If we are able to write that cookie, the next time you come to Lake-Link we check to see if that cookie file exists in your web browser and if so we use the info to automatically log you in.

So here is where issues can arise that we have no control over.

If you have cookies disabled on your browser then we can not write the cookie and then we cant log you in.

If you clear you browser's cookies, any auto log in will also be removed.

If you have a firewall on your network that blocks cookies then we cannot write the cookie and thus you will not be able to log in.

So, the auto login feature is determined by the security settings on your web browser. The best thing you can do is go into your web browser's settings and make sure you always allow cookies from the lake-link.com domain.

I hope this helps in explaining it.

1/12/17 @ 3:53 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

When the change first happened I never had any issues.  Starting randomly a couple months ago I have to log in every time from my work pc, home pc, and android phone.  This is with chrome on all three devices and I tried internet explorer I the two pc's.  Same issue.

1/12/17 @ 2:57 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08

"As Lake-Link becomes more frustrating to use, I just come here less."

Yeah, kinda the same here, KoG...

1/12/17 @ 1:59 PM
Keeper of the Gate
User since 7/18/05

Yeah, the new and improved version of Lake-Link has a few inconsistencies compared to the previous version.  I use three devices to get here depending on where I am, and the issues I experience are not specific to one device.  The log-in issue in discussion, slow loading ads, inconsistent/jerky scrolling, forums not opening on occasion, even occasional lock-up requiring me to close Lake-Link and re-open it.

In the long run, I am not concerned.  I typically am a lurker who rarely posts.  As Lake-Link becomes more frustrating to use, I just come here less.  No biggie.  Life goes on.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.