Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Gas line anti-freeze..Heet or IsoHeet?

11/25/14 @ 8:54 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Cambridge
User since 3/21/14
Now that it's winter I like to use a little gas line antifreeze now and then. But when I go to purchase the stuff i'm always a a bit confused. Purchase the yellow Heet product or the red IsoHeet? I know IsoHeet is isopropyl alcohol and the yellow is methol alcohol, but which one is better? They both claim to remove water from the gas system. Is one safer for fuel injected cars? Any opinions out there? Any mechanics out there with advice?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/26/14 @ 10:24 AM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
I was also always under the impression that adding HEET is uneccessary with ethanol fuels. I could see some sort of Stabil product to keep the gas fresh if the vehicle isn't used much.

11/26/14 @ 6:31 AM
JethroBodine
User since 12/21/01
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you need HEET if you're using E10 gas. (10% ethanolalcohol, does the same thing as isopropyl)

http://www.fuel-testers.com/is_gas_additive_safe_with_e10_list.html

This website says you should not use other alcohol additives with gas containing alcohol. I'm surprised HEET is still in business, it's hard to find gas that doesn't have alcohol in it these days.

I just filled up with E85 last night, 70% alcohol in winter months. Can't see dumping a tiny bottle of alcohol into a tank full of alcohol.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.