SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Fuzzbusters

11/3/17 @ 8:48 PM
INITIAL POST
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

While on a long drive back from vacation I thought of these . 

Do they even make them or are they completely illegal now ? 

I remember that some States banned them .

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
11/4/17 @ 9:20 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

just did a quick search and yes they do, they even still have the "whistler". Was on the road for many years but never invested in this toy...Cincinnati Microwave made a killing on these things...they made the radar guns, then the radar detectors, then they made detector detectors, then the laser gun, then the detector...back in the (Smokey and the Bandit) days guys would use the common ice fishing flasher, mounted on the dash with transducer mounted in the grill to mess up radar (allegedly), oh yea, forgot the jammers...but being tired, retired, worn out, and get a nose bleed going over 70 anyway, I probably don't need one now either. 

11/4/17 @ 2:27 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Why not just follow the law? 

11/4/17 @ 12:10 AM
murman
User since 11/4/08

In Wisconsin they are legal.  Speed traps laser are always used, and like mentioned before, it will detect a laser, but it's too late when detected and your busted.  It could help you if the officer continues to ping you with the laser waiting for you to get to a certain speed. That gives you time to slow down.  They do help tho, many times the officers laser gun is actually in the trunk of the vehicle, so them using genrap radar would be more common.  

11/3/17 @ 11:44 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

I always equated these to deer whistles... remember those ?

11/3/17 @ 9:45 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

this might be your best answer

I think the best method is to find another driver who has more cajones than you and stay 1/2 mile behind him (her)

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE