Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Friday fish frys

6/20/18 @ 10:07 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

My wife and I enjoy going to small out of the way places for Fish frys around the Waterford area.last week we went to Lily Lake Resort and the fish was perfectly done. We especially like smelt but not many places serve them.Any suggestions?    Thanks. CARPIO 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 56 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/2/19 @ 6:51 AM
phishin phool
MEMBER since 4/5/08

ayeFeesh, on 11 May '19, I said the Honey Bear on 70 West in Eagle River. "Up North" kinda place. A 5 piece walleye meal for $14.00!!! Don't order the fries, there are way too many. Get the potato salad instead!

8/1/19 @ 8:58 PM
ayeFeesh
User since 5/17/11

Best place in Vilas county for Friday fry? Post the place and describe the fish.

Extra points for:

1) Supper clubs

2) "Up north" atmosphere

3) Good old fashioneds

Thanks

5/12/19 @ 8:54 AM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18

I'm also a fan of the Blue Heron....and the Five O'Clock club in Pewaukee...And Tally's in Waukesha.

Occasionally the fried cod at TBH is either slightly overdone or the oil is getting tired. I go later so the wait time is seldom bad. 5 O'clock sometimes has a long wait even at 8:30 and while the service is usually excellent there's one gal who's not really cut out for that job. And if you eat a lot at "all you can eat" sometimes the seconds (OK,thirds) come slowly enough that I don't bother...And Tally's has loud music. Oh,and their coleslaw isn't as good as the other two.

Another local place was Eric's but he changed a bunch of stuff and now is off the list. We gave two chances after being patrons for years. The first time they screwed up big time and while we got comped desserts it didn't atone.The second time we all just looked at each other and said "we're done with this place".

5/12/19 @ 6:56 AM
Poppster
Poppster
User since 2/15/19

@ Carpio....  Ye old hotel in Lyons has a smelt fry last I was there...

5/11/19 @ 7:23 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

I haven't gone to a fish fry in years, since my wife and I got the frying down to perfection.  With all the tasty panfish in my freezer, why go out? But I do have great memories of going to the Blue Heron for  amazing fish frys.

5/11/19 @ 7:18 PM
tripleguy
User since 5/4/10

I'll second Blue Heron in Big Bend. Served family style and they offer baked cod, fried cod and fried chicken - have one, have them all. The tartar sauce is great and so is the batter on the fried cod. The baked cod is done to perfection, served with butter. The fried chicken is crisp outside, moist inside. Can't go wrong except it gets very crowded and wait times can be an hour.

5/11/19 @ 1:06 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13

Looking for fresh Smelt fries around the Madison area?

5/11/19 @ 8:24 AM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Sunnyside Club ....Kenosha

Always good

5/11/19 @ 6:53 AM
mvanhank222
User since 12/16/13
Ye Olde Hotel in Lyons has fried Smelt. My favorite fish fry is Blue Heron on 164 just south of I-43 in Big Bend. They have big chunks of cod loin and the best tartar sauce I have ever had.

5/11/19 @ 6:22 AM
phishin phool
MEMBER since 4/5/08

Went to the "Honey Bear" in Eagle River, last night! Can't believe we waited so long to go there!? Their fish is utterly amazingly fantastic!!! I could grab the dictionary to find some more adverbs...adjectives but...

If I life to be a hundred, I don't think I'll ever find a better place!!!

Yummmmmmy!!!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 56 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.