Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Formula 1

7/23/18 @ 4:47 PM
ORIGNAL POST
jeff68
User since 3/15/11
I was a big fan 35 yrs ago. Prost thru Senna. Caught the last 20 laps yesterday. wet and dry on same lap is always entertaining. Used to go to RA for CART, IMSA, SCCA Club and the Brian Redman vintage races. Good times, great track/park setting. Tent camped on the premises. Clean restrooms/showers. Good brats. Now I'm homesick. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 22 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/23/19 @ 10:51 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Love the Skysports coverage! Especially commercial free qually and race.  These guys are at the track, not in a studio. Part of it is that F1 is such a parade they don't have much to talk about. The rotating cast of hosts they have is really good, I think, save for Johnny Herbert and grid(twit) walk by Martin Brundle. Still have the RA race to watch but that's gonna be tomorrow. 

Tim

6/23/19 @ 9:36 AM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

Jeez, I still can't get over NBC losing F-1. Of course ESPN has it, but they carry the feed of SkySports (Great Britain) which is nothing but a bunch of arrogant Brits. 

You'd think Louis Hamilton is the only guy on the track. The ongoing performance of fellatio on him by the announcers is really annoying. 

I LOVE it when the pit reporters approach Kimi and ask him a question.....he just stares at them! 

The video coverage is good, but it's difficult watching a race without sound or an audio alternative. 

What say you Tim, USA, ?

6/9/19 @ 10:52 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Yes, I just got done watching it(my life is on DVR) and yes, tainted doesn't begin to describe this one. I do not like Vettel at all but he got it stuck in and broke off. A black eye on the FIA on this one. A ruling like this could hurt the series to those who don't follow it closely.  Total BS.

Tim

6/9/19 @ 6:39 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

Tim, did you happen to see the Canadian G.P.? I DVR all the races and just finished watching (just in time for hockey! Vettel got screwed and the FIA continues to kiss the butt of the arrogant Lewis Hamilton. Did you see Vettel switch the 1st and 2nd place signs? THAT WAS AWESOME!

5/24/19 @ 8:22 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

First and foremost, a huge loss to not only the F1 family but the entire racing community with the passing of Niki Lauda earlier this week.

Secondly it's the Super Bowl this weekend in 2 series.

Tim

3/31/19 @ 2:46 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

What a heartbreak for Charles LeClerc! Dude had the field covered and his turbo gave out. Mercedes had a huge horseshoe today. Vettel choked under pressure again, which is always enjoyable to watch. Ferrari should have had a 1-2 and got the last podium spot due to a late safety car. Best F1 race I've seen in quite a while. China in 2 weeks.

Tim 

3/18/19 @ 1:10 PM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

The new kid, Leclerc is somebody I'm pulling for. I also like Kevin Magnussen from Haas.

I thought for sure that Ocon would have gotten a seat this year, was hoping Haas would have given him Grosjean's seat. That dude is a let down.

3/18/19 @ 11:28 AM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
User since 5/22/15

ABH. Anybody but Hamilton. You can't knock his talent, but you CAN knock his humility. 

I've been a Raikkonen fan since about 2000, but he's done now that he moved to Alfa Romeo Racing. Valtteri Bottas has always been a victim of "team orders" in favor of Hamilton, but now it's time to bury Hamilton. 

There are a lot of new drivers, these are my favorites who I never root against; 

• Kimi Raikkonen
  • Valtteri Bottas
  • Daniel Ricciardo
  • Max Verstappen

The remaining, who cares? 

I like IMSA and the WEC much better. It's more fan friendly, not snobbish like F-1, and more exciting because of the multiple classes, in my opinion.

3/18/19 @ 7:39 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

Watched the Austrailian GP yesterday morning. Dominated by Merc/Petronas. Bottas and Hamilton followed by Verstappen. The Ferrari's don't look to be the force everybody though they would.

3/14/19 @ 5:52 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

I would if I had Netflix. Looks interesting. 

Tim

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 22 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.