LOGIN
Lake-Link

Fishing gear theft help

11/10/17 @ 9:35 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Big-Fish-R
User since 4/9/08

Hello fellow fisherman,

I live in Rice Lake, WI and received a call from property manager at my storage unit tonight.  My storage unit was broken into.

If anyone sees a large amount of fishing gear being sold, please let me know.

I really don't know what was all stolen yet, but I noticed.. 

Jiffy 8" ice auger, ice shanty, fishing lures,  ice fishing items, etc.  I had a large lure collection there that I think was stolen also.  I plan on looking tomorrow, I'm sure there is more.

We are in process of a move, so I Don't know what items are all stolen, although I did have unique lures in the collection.  Other items stolen also, but fishing gear targeted it appears.

I'm guessing easily over $1000 of gear, probably a lot more.  The lock was cut on my storage unit.

Please keep an eye open if you see a lot of gear being sold by someone.  Police report has been filed.

Only witness said it was a younger guy 30ish in an old Ford pickup truck.

Thanks for any info.  I hope it isn't a fisherman that is the thief, but it kind of looks like it might be.....

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 24 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/10/18 @ 6:09 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

could you pm me with any info to retrieve the stolen stuff I got a lot of tools stolen by some meth heads in stone lake. Who would I contact to find out  if they have my stuff?

1/10/18 @ 5:32 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Wow, I'm shocked you got anything back.  But I'm sure glad you did!  

1/10/18 @ 10:10 AM
Big-Fish-R
User since 4/9/08

Update:  a warehouse full of stolen goods found on Sawyer County.  Sounds like a ring of thieves that were meth users, stealing from many different counties.  Second one of these in year, one broken up around Eau Claire last year.

Unfortunately none of my fishing items and miscellaneous items found, but my pse bow has been returned.  Officer said fishing items are easy to unload.  They are looking for stolen guns yet too.

11/14/17 @ 5:13 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

Yeah that sucks. You have 10% of your contents coverage for off premise. Storage unit, inside vehicle, Even apply's for your kids if they live in a dorm. $2500 deductible would make it difficult to recoup. My too late now suggestion would be to have a split deductible. $2500 for wind/hail and $500 for fire and theft. Really wouldn't cost you much more at all. 

11/14/17 @ 5:02 PM
Big-Fish-R
User since 4/9/08

Police report filed immediately after.

Contacted insurance today.  Would be covered under home policy, but have a $2500 deductible.

Yeah, this sucks.

11/13/17 @ 6:05 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Law enforcement 

11/13/17 @ 5:55 PM
Big-Fish-R
User since 4/9/08

What does LE stand for?  Haven't heard that?

11/13/17 @ 5:53 PM
Big-Fish-R
User since 4/9/08
Pse brand bow

11/13/17 @ 5:51 PM
Big-Fish-R
User since 4/9/08

Another item to keep an eye out for, pose bow, camo color.  Also stolen.

7/31/19 @ 7:15 PM
BeerTownFyreman
User since 6/15/01

I hope LE was notified.

In addition to photos, any serial numbers should be recorded. As mentioned below, items without a manufacturer applied number (even can be in addition to those with) can have an owner applied unique ID, permanently affixed similar to factory... Engraved with initials and numbers is good.

If documented as stolen by a LE investigation, this info gets entered into the NCIC national database and if recovered can be quickly searched online. 

There are litterally hundreds and hundreds of property classifications that can be entered, including fishing poles, electronics, reels, and augers.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 24 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.