LOGIN
Lake-Link

Fish Fryer

8/23/18 @ 9:03 AM
ORIGNAL POST
albro
albro
User since 4/20/02

What's everyone using for an electric fish fryer?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/23/18 @ 4:31 PM
8/23/18 @ 4:03 PM
ttreebark
ttreebark
User since 7/6/06

Fry Daddy, I use it in the Garage, I don't fry fish in the house. First one went bad, like it was stuck on. The oil would get to hot if you didn't keep up with it , adding new food. Have had the 2nd for a couple years still working great. Even when there is a break in the cooking. 

8/23/18 @ 3:38 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07
If you have a gas stove a cast iron skillet will work good on that but when I tried frying on my electric stove it did not maintain consistent heat. My friend has a Hamilton Beach electric fryer and he seams to like it. When I ate his fish one time they were kind of greasy.  He claims it was the batter but I think it was because the oil did not get hot enough.

8/23/18 @ 1:20 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

that's what I have only it's deep.. lodge... will look to see if I can find the one I have 

8/23/18 @ 12:58 PM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01
Cast iron fry pan, 3/8" vegetable oil. Can use screen over top if desired. Works great.

8/23/18 @ 12:53 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

maybe search stovetop deep fryer 

8/23/18 @ 12:36 PM
albro
albro
User since 4/20/02

I was wanting to get an electric one because I'm only cooking for 2. I have the outdoor propane one for bigger fish fry's but it's just to much of a hassle for the 2 of us. I wanted something that will hold it's temperature and is of good quality. I bought a Faberware from Walmart and it doesn't look like it will last a week so I'm taking it back.

8/23/18 @ 12:33 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07
Get a propane fryer. I got one last year from Bass pro for $28. Takes about a gallon of oil.  I do it outside so it doesn't stink up the house. Holds the temp much better than electric fryers.

8/23/18 @ 12:13 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I usually do it outside so I don't have the smell in the house.  I have a Delonghi (spelling?) fryer.  It has a spout on the front to put the grease back in a jug when its cooled off.  Don't need a funnel or anything with it.

Not a huge fan of the electric ones though, I only use them when I don't feel like getting the propane fryer out.  Propane holds the temp when you add fish, those counter top electric ones usually cool off and take longer to recover.  They work fine but I think propane is better.

8/23/18 @ 11:30 AM
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

Frying fish is a smelly mess. I use Jiffy corn muffin mix and salt, drop dry filets into that and broil until done. Cook time depends on filet thickness. Good luck.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.