LOGIN
Lake-Link

Fire Extingisher Recall

11/2/17 @ 1:41 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles Due to Failure to Discharge and Nozzle Detachment: One Death Reported

40 million effected, many models (I have five of them)

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Kidde site:

Kidde

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/22/17 @ 3:24 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
User since 1/12/05

Well, the 30+ year old pair in my house are outside the date range for the model number so I guess they're OK. I am now registered with Kidde so next trip I'll check the pair at the cabin. I think those will be replaced. The call to the recall center went real smooth.

11/22/17 @ 3:24 PM
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
User since 7/14/07

Dave I want to thank you for your post on fire extinguishers. I just called and they are replacing four of mine. Sure wouldn't be fun being in the boat or jet ski and have to use it and finding out they don't work. 

Thanks again Dave for the info.

11/22/17 @ 1:01 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

You are very welcome... Just dropped the (5) old ones off at Fed-ex for return.. Very painless process..

11/22/17 @ 11:08 AM
woodturner
User since 2/12/04

I also received my 2 replacement fire extinguishers, the one in my boat was 17 years old!

Dave, thanks for the heads up on the recall!

11/22/17 @ 8:31 AM
MuskyManiac5
MuskyManiac5
User since 4/20/07

Received my replacement a couple of days ago.  Much better quality extinguisher than what I had.  Metal nozzle and handle with a pressure gage.

11/21/17 @ 3:22 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Received my replacement fire extinguishers today. In all cases they replaced it with a better (upgraded) extinguisher and return shipping labels. Pretty painless, think they handled the recall pretty well..

11/3/17 @ 9:55 AM
MuskyManiac5
MuskyManiac5
User since 4/20/07

I was going to purchase a new extinguisher this weekend when I dropped off my boat to be winterized.  Good thing I didn't Kidde is sending me a new one.

11/3/17 @ 12:51 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

These are not commercial grade at all. Do yourself a favor and buy a good one. Kiddie is one time use. Money wise, your better off getting a used commercial grade or by new, just not a one time use extinguisher. The trouble with that recall, it goes back to like 79 or something. Plastic kiddies can’t be serviced at 6 years let alone Hydro’d at 12. It will work one time within limits and sometimes longer.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.