LOGIN
Lake-Link

Drugs and teens in "the 'burbs"

5/9/14 @ 6:23 AM
ORIGNAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Your right CDS, This stuff is down right scary compared to what we grew up with. Unbelievable!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 33 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/14/18 @ 5:39 AM
icebelt
User since 10/22/13

The thing about this topic is offending people,but here I go. The best thing to do is to do less for the addict. Look at all the education pertaining to to this matter. You do them we are not going to save you, should help in the bad decision at the time. You do them all possible state and federal aid stops for ever for that person,no Medicare,no social security, no nothing. Maybe then people would think and say to themselves      I'm not doing that the ramifications could be detrimental to my future. No market no dope!

6/12/18 @ 11:29 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

That phrase is little more than a worn out cliche and it seems to have no specific meaning. To be broken implies there is already a better alternative. Yet no proof exists of a better alternative. If alternatives exist then its a well kep secret.  Do more progressive nations such as Canada and Sweden  have better answers for us? 

Not looking to argue techniques or ideology but to move away from broken cliches to workable specifics.

10 years ago i was called into jury pool to convict a 6x repeat offender of DWI.  The assistant DA asked my opinion if I believed habitual drunks can be rehabbed while serving jail sentence.  I have opinions and experience in this since I have alcoholics and heavy drinkers in my family. So I had to tell the DA lady that rehab is not possible unless someone really wants it. And even with seemingly successful rehab it doesnt take much to set them back and lose hope. Thats the nature of the addiction beast. She badly wanted to convict that old man and force him thru rehab and I didnt have the optimism she was looking for in a jury member.

And maybe I am mistaken in my opinion here but the level of investment and spending has nothing to do with success of rehab.

6/12/18 @ 10:28 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

That’s not the system we are talking about, RC.  It’s the system of crime, punishment, rehab, education, just say no, war on drugs, your brain on drugs, on and on.....  Yet the problem worsens.....

Yes, the rich and poor alike are susceptible, probably almost equally, in this day and age of home cooked meth, opioids, etc.

I’ve got to be done now.  And I don’t think any of you are idiots.

6/12/18 @ 9:35 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

My Pleasure Jimmer...

6/12/18 @ 9:29 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Thanks, Dave. I admitted I had a problem a few posts before. But, my problem was simple, I knew my link didn’t work and I was ready for help. That seems like an important part of addressing any problem, particularly addiction. 

6/12/18 @ 9:24 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Jimmer..

Your linky not worky..

Here you go

Jimmer's Link

6/12/18 @ 9:22 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Jimmer, the link doesnt go anywhere

6/12/18 @ 9:21 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

I don’t think the link works, if anyone can fix it, much appreciated. For anyone dealing with addiction issues it is worth a watch. 

Side note, lots of amazing TED talks out there. 

6/12/18 @ 9:18 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05
6/12/18 @ 7:44 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

About 7 years ago my Mother and niece and nephew were in a terrific car crash .  Nephew had basically whiplashed his internal organs . They put him in a induced coma for about a month . When he was brought out of it he had all the signs of a bad movie . Shakes , sweats , seeing things on the walls , etc . My sister said she wished she had a video of it to try and scare people straight  .

And this was under Dr's supervision  . 

No mental effects thank God . Very smart kid of 14 .

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 33 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.