Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Drones

10/20/17 @ 9:14 PM
ORIGNAL POST
dryice
MEMBER since 12/7/04

Has anyone here had to experience a drone overhead while fishing? I did yesterday. Was it a DNR drone or from someone else?  The problem to me is that it hovered and I couldn't ask any questions. What would you think?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/20/17 @ 10:25 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

We'll, with a drone they can get angles and POV's they can't from a horizontal binocular view.

I'm just getting my Libertarian on for argument's sake.  I'm not sure I actually believe it.

10/20/17 @ 10:24 PM
shadling1
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
I had one hover above me a few weeks ago while my wife and I were crappie fishing. It kind of went up and down the shoreline about 50 yards from my boat either direction and flew around the area for about 10 mins. My thoughts were someone flying it for fun or a realtor taking aerial photos of some of the high end lake homes nearby. I will say the constant buzzing of the motors on a nice quiet weekday on the lake was really annoying though.

10/20/17 @ 10:18 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I dont see a difference between a drone overhead and someone watching me from a few hundred yards away with binoculars. Judgin from some peoples posts there are more annoyances and conflicts from our fellow fishers and hunters than from law enforcement.

10/20/17 @ 10:17 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Shoot it down, that should tell you..

10/20/17 @ 10:08 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

Big Brother IS watching.

10/20/17 @ 10:04 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

One way to find out if its LEO is pull your cap bill over your face. This might make them suspicious and make them come over to check you out. Take it a step further by covering up your boat reg. numbers. That will really irk them. Just dont look suspicious when you are breaking the law. How else you going to find out if its a LEO? 

Wardens already have a handful of expensive tools at their disposal, boats, high horsepower snowmobiles, atvs, night vision and now drones. Taxpayer just has to cough up harder.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.