Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Drones

5/28/14 @ 1:12 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Jackbass
User since 1/29/02
Anyone flying one? Certainly provides a different perspective...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 111 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/31/19 @ 7:00 AM
Coolhog
User since 10/7/18

Going to start shopping for my first one as well..... I'll have to check the mavic out.....

5/30/19 @ 9:12 PM
mystery fish-n-sea
mystery fish-n-sea
User since 4/10/10

I decided to go with the Mavic Pro.  I had never flown a drone before and this thing is a piece of cake to use!  I love flying it so much already.

The rest of my videos are fishing related.  Check them out here

5/5/19 @ 6:56 PM
mystery fish-n-sea
mystery fish-n-sea
User since 4/10/10

I am planning on buying a drone in the near future, and it doesn't look like anyone has commented on which drone to buy in the last three years.  Anyone on here familiar with the different kinds?  I am thinking either the Mavic Pro or the Phantom 4, but haven't really made up my mind. Also, anyone have any tips as to which accessories are a MUST and which I can skip out on?  Amazon is a rabbit hole and I don't want to go down it and up with $500 in useless junk, but I know things like extra batteries are probably best.  Any advice?

12/20/18 @ 9:25 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
User since 1/12/05

Pulled up an old thread, hadn't been talked about for awhile here. In that time these drones have gotten much more sophisticated and...

Gatwick airport remains closed for a second night as sightings of drones above the airfield continue.

4/4/17 @ 9:33 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I am starting to get images of Gene Simmons (or one of the millions of Gene Simmons wanabees) being my neighbor. Only solution then is to get my own drones and wage war on his drones.

4/4/17 @ 8:40 AM
velocity
User since 5/12/16

My wife and I were up at the cabin in N.W. Wisc. a couple of weeks ago. She walked down to the shoreline and heard a faint hum or buzz and looked up to find a drone holding steady in front of our cabin just as if it was watching her. She acted like she didn't see it, and then it just flew away. We both feel like we are being watched now. I'm sure it was probably someone that lives on the lake (only about 5 possibilities this time of year). I immediately wanted to grab my 12 ga. and hunker down in the brush and wait for it to come back around. What do we do in a situation like this? 

3/31/17 @ 8:23 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Yes.. If I recall the Dallas police used a robot loaded with C4 to blowup a guy..

edit: yep, Micah Xavier Johnson, who killed 5 cops..

3/31/17 @ 8:21 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
did some states allowed robots also?

3/31/17 @ 7:34 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Police considering weaponized drones?

Connecticut Police Drones

2/10/17 @ 3:42 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08

I was gonna make a jokey comment about "the problem with drones is that they just go on, and on, and on", but now I see that, based on that Gazette article, they sometimes actually do!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 111 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.