MORE
General Discussion

Divorce....

12/9/19 @ 4:05 PM
INITIAL POST
Poppster
Poppster
User since 2/15/19

Never thought I'd be here but....  After 23 yrs my wife no longer has feelings for me and we are parting..

Any advice before I proceed??? There are no hidden assets or debts.  I will not be able to stay in the house because I will love her till my last breath..  She and I both want it to be amicable...  2 daughters 21 and 16

My mind isn't right at this point and am just trying to hold myself together...  I dont want to make any wrong moves.

Any insight???  Please and thanks..

Displaying 1 to 15 of 80 posts
3/19/20 @ 11:08 AM
Thrash
Thrash
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Divorce sucks and I honestly wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy for a multitude of reasons.  Having said that, I've been divorced for about 26 years now and I have never been happier (still unmarried of course).  I have more toys and free time than I ever had before and would ever have had if we'd stayed together.  I see the ex once in awhile and her current victim (he's #4 for her) and I look to the heavens and give thanks that I am a free man.  Sincerely I do. 

3/19/20 @ 10:35 AM
cubfan
User since 11/6/01

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I got a 400 SQ foot apartment and I’m scaling it way back. She wants the house and I want as much of my pension as possible. So that’s all we are dividing up. Been told it will take 3-4 months to get thru that and I’ll on my own to make all of my own desions.

Going to be a lot more time for hunting and fishing along with a little travel. I just miss baseball so much, that would help with the down time.

Cubfan

3/19/20 @ 9:55 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

40 years. You poor man. Proverbs 25:24 says it's better to live on the corner of a roof than share a home with a quarrelsome wife. You are finally moving to the corner of the roof.

3/19/20 @ 9:13 AM
split shot
split shot
User since 6/19/01

I'm very sorry cubfan. If there's no fixing your marriage, get things over with and don't look back.

I have a number of friends and some relatives who are on wife number two and are much happier. Also a few who divorced, never remarried - again much happier.

Very best wishes and hang in there.

3/18/20 @ 10:09 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Sorry to hear that. A fight that long needs a towel thrown in. Sounds like you tried. 40 years is an incredibly long time.

In light  of current events with a lot of people being made to work at home if possible or are home due to layoffs, it'll be interesting to see if there's a spike in divorce rates. I haven't even started yet and my wife already told me this (me working from home) is the worst thing to happen to her and that she wanted to strangle me...because her collection of movies had to move 6 feet to make a space for me to work. Can't wait to do this for however long. Honestly, probably won't be long before I'm back on here lol

3/18/20 @ 9:51 PM
nihsif
nihsif

Good luck, best wishes cubfan... gonna be a little rocky for awhile, but then...  you got this!

3/18/20 @ 8:45 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Sorry abt yr situation...I divorced after 38 yrs. 

Its difficult but you will survive..been remarried fr 16 and its good...my kids are fine and I am on speaking terms wth x.  .we all get together fr al holidays and bd etcetera 

3/18/20 @ 8:38 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02

So many can't make a marriage last 40 months, has to be hard to end one after 40 years. 

Just had our 40th last year and wish I could say that every day was the best of our lives but I can't do that. We've got through it but things happen where others don't.

Good luck to you

3/18/20 @ 7:40 PM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

I’m very sorry Cubfan. Positive thoughts and prayers for you and family. 

3/18/20 @ 7:32 PM
cubfan
User since 11/6/01

Just filed for divorce after 40 years of marriage. It’s been a forty year fight and I cant do it anymore. Our son is devastated, but it’s time to move on.

Cubfan

2/2/20 @ 9:19 AM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

Hang in there Poppster! Praying for you. 

2/2/20 @ 8:31 AM
fish magnet
PRO MEMBER User since 12/29/01

" If you can just make it to tomorrow things will look different.  Some decisions cannot be taken back and are permanent. "

VERY wise words my friend. I went through a divorce years ago, and thankfully lived those words. The next day I met up with the love of my life and have been married for 28 years. That is pretty crazy. Keep the faith and good luck with working things out.

2/2/20 @ 8:21 AM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Best of luck to you and be good to yourself. 

2/2/20 @ 8:15 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

Good luck

Only you know the journey you have to go on

2/2/20 @ 6:44 AM
Poppster
Poppster
User since 2/15/19

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and insight....  I went through quite a dark period for a while and very close to making a very permanent decision....  We are making a go at salvaging things and I'm pessimistic yet optimistic.   I however have a word of advice in hindsight.....  If you can just make it to tomorrow things will look different.  Some decisions cannot be taken back and are permanent. 

Appreciate you all...

Displaying 1 to 15 of 80 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE