LOGIN
Lake-Link

Dip/chew tobacco

6/22/16 @ 8:18 PM
ORIGNAL POST
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12

I'm very hesitant to create this post because I'm well aware this thread is going to get a lot of comments like "enjoy your lip while you still have it" and "have fun getting cancer", lets keep negativity to a minimum.

Does anyone on here dip or chew tobacco? If so what's your favorite kind?

My favorite dip is Copenhagen Mint with Copenhagen straight being a close second.

My favorite chew is redman original blend.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 78 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
3/3/17 @ 3:32 PM
Woods-N-Water
User since 9/17/16

Nasty habit.  I did it for probably 20 years.  Enjoyed it but knew it was nasty.  Spitter on my desk at work.... kind of concealing it so no one knew... ya right.  Quit for 3 reasons beyond the nastiness. 1) Kids came along and did not want to have life cut short for such a stupid reason. 2) Precancerous cells on the lip.  3) Family friend lost 1/2 tongue then years later 1/4 of his face.  I get a hankerin' every once in a while when I'm with someone chewing.  Bum one once a year or so and can't ever keep it in longer than 5 minutes cause it tastes like chit. 

3/3/17 @ 1:16 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I'm a 22 year chewer and not proud of it.  I need to quit.  yes i do love it though,  that's the problem

3/3/17 @ 8:29 AM
stuckinMO
stuckinMO
User since 7/24/03
Quit due to early signs of oral/gum cancer.  Had numerous gum scrapings done over a 4-5 year period. Those aren't pleasant.  All clear now, but I have occasional gum issues with   pain/softening/halitosis.  Quit when I was in my early 30's after 15+ years of chewing.  I'm 51 now and need to maintain regular dental care.  Wish I'd have known...

3/3/17 @ 6:37 AM
rikj
rikj
User since 7/29/01

budman, precancerous  cells Lipoplacia?(sp) I had it on and off for years especially after a long period of heavy chewing, it was worse with Kodiak than other chews, and sometimes when it was bad I would have to "go upper lip" . All good now, but I stopped chewing a few yours ago. Your DH or dentist will talk to about it for sure............ 

3/2/17 @ 11:35 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

Any current or former chewers ever have any medical reasons y they quit?  Reason I ask is I've been chewing about 10 years now have tried very unsuccessfully to quit 2 or 3 times and I just noticed within the last day or 2 white skin in my gum area..I have never had sores or pain as a result from chewing but am scheduled to see the dentist tomorrow for a cleaning so plan to ask if I should be worried. .

12/8/16 @ 7:50 PM
lildipper
lildipper
User since 8/17/16

Hey, I love the checkout girls at fleetfarm. Sure beats an old lady at walmart dressed in blue and yellow ID'n me. Not to mention Toyland.

12/8/16 @ 6:43 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

Well isn't that just great news...

12/8/16 @ 4:28 PM
lildipper
lildipper
User since 8/17/16

You can now start buying tobacco at Fleet Farm. Cabellas, Bass Pro shop, and Gander mountain will soon follow.

10/29/16 @ 2:45 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

Igor that is the reason I quit too. My son is now 7 and he doesn't need to think that chewing is cool.  No doubt the hardest thing I've ever done and I'm still not out of the woods.

10/28/16 @ 12:25 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

I chewed for the better part of 20+ years.  "Quit" many times but then there was always gun deer season!  Haven't touched it now for about 6 years.  Wanna know what made me quit for good?  Well, my son is now 10 but has been coming along with me hunting since he was 4.  Pretty hard to put that stuff in, knowing full well well what it can lead to, with the "little-guy" sitting next to you and wants to do everything like you...

Back in that blur of life I called "UW-Platteville", I was chewing a tin per day my last semester.  Just gotta tell yourself, "Not worth it." especially now at what, $7.00 a tin for Copenhagen?  Back then we'd get it for $0.99 and it was made 3-4 days prior!!!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 78 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.