Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Crazy Sh-tuff wives say

3/17/18 @ 9:33 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

Mine started yelling at me for taking the kids out for Mexican yesterday when they had no school. We all were talking about how great it was and she goes off on me. It was $37. That came from my account, not the joint account.  Then we went to pizza ranch and spent $40 because she wanted fish. Fish from Pizza Ranch. Haha, she's nuts.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 352 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/4/19 @ 5:02 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

I grew up with my parents always having the clocks 10 minutes fast as to not be late. Realized once I moved out on my own that this doesn’t really make sense. For one, it doesn’t really work if u know the clock is fast cause u just account for that. And two, if u want to get somewhere early just leave early!!

11/3/19 @ 8:10 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
User since 1/12/05

When it comes time to set clocks I'll get every clock in the house within a few seconds of actual time using my cell phone as a guide. My wife insists on setting her alarm and car 5-7 minutes fast to get the feeling of extra time (I won't be late)? I never could understand the logic there. Now in her 2018 Toyota the clock is re-set automatically in the radio. She asked if I could override this and set it to 'her time'. Never.

11/3/19 @ 7:19 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

I don’t even like Christmas music  on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

11/3/19 @ 5:35 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

I hear you . 3 hour drive with them on Sirris radio. 

11/2/19 @ 1:47 PM
duckdog
User since 1/24/02

My wife has started playing xmas carols. I can’t believe It.

8/25/19 @ 2:25 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

OK, this isn't so much crazy but hysterical.

My son & I are in the garage assembling a new ladder stand and my wife is going to pick tomatoes and cukes for dinner.  She takes both of my labs Lucy (AKA Queen Dog) and Harkey (AKA Spawn of satan dog) with her.  Will & I are plugging away and we hear the most blood curdling screech from along side the house.  At this point I'm thinking, what has Harley done now?

He and I go running, and here she is trying to catch Lucy.  Why would she want to do that you ask?  Well, I see 2 baby bunny ears sticking out of her mouth and knew what the cause of the scream was.  I get Lucy to open her mouth and pull out a half-chewed bunny.

Then I reached in and found another.

Then I dug in and found a third.

I couldn't laugh due to the possibility of castration (she had a knife with her) so I gave her a hug, and she threw them away however she was crying.  Then again my comment of, "Don't worry, they'll make more..." wasn't a hit.

Oh well, back to yard work!

8/22/19 @ 8:44 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER since 5/11/03

Seems about right.....

8/17/19 @ 5:24 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

A little background, wife is compulsive often doing sensless tasks for no apparent reason, like carrying garden bricks 200 ft from the garden to the garage. Several times a day she will move objects she deems to be in her way and put them in some one elses way rather than put them where they are normally kept out of our way. its mind boggling and I haven't learned to roll with it.

Some years ago her mom had the floor re-tiled by a contractor and my wife wanted to help out to save her mom some money.  A very loving gesture for sure.  So she volunteers to remove all the molding in the house, savings of about $50 and a couple hours of contractor work. So she ended up convincing her brother to help and this entails wife driving an extra 200 miles to pick him up since he didn't have a working car at the time.  Then the had to drive 200 miles to moms house and 200 miles return trip. Gas was $4 a galn. So she ended up spending over $100 on gas and 2 days of time for 2 people to do this little project of removing the molding for the flooring contractor.  Call me crazy for not learning to roll with it?  

8/17/19 @ 12:23 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Sooooooooooo................................every so often I stop and glance at this thread just to get a laugh or to shake my head in disbelief. Wow, I have it made. My wife is cool as a cucumber, rolls with everything, and takes care of the finances. She's very good at it too I might add.

She does not like to cook, which is OK by me. I am a cookaholic!

In a way she is my guardian angel. OK, maybe that's a bit sappy.

I'm blessed! 

8/16/19 @ 8:58 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

RC, I see your issue... you should have praised her for walking the pooch,  and waited till tomorrow to ask about the bricks... timing is everything,  hahaha 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 352 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.