SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Cougar sighting

2/20/18 @ 10:57 PM
INITIAL POST
Drawsbaby
User since 5/7/03

Cougar sighting on home surveillance camera near Milwaukee. I wonder if the DNR is going to say it was a pet that escaped. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 64 posts
10/21/20 @ 7:02 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Pretty Kitty.. most if not all bobcats I have seen had spots..

10/21/20 @ 6:53 PM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

This big cat was found today a few miles from my house. I’ve never seen a bobcat with spots on the belly but I haven’t seen many. This cat was good sized. Heard a different report of a big cat in my area a few days ago. Found near the truck stop on rt. 20 near 90. Marengo/Hampshire

8/24/19 @ 8:04 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

Last night they reported that they found three more in the general vicinity. Not sure if they plan on continuing to whack them. Hunting tags are almost impossible to get, and they don’t allow the use of Dogs to hunt them. They no longer have any predators so it is no surprise that they have an overpopulation of them they are going to have to deal with. Do goodies and poor management of the resource seems to be the source of the problem 

8/23/19 @ 7:19 PM
jeff68
User since 3/15/11
8/21/19 @ 10:42 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

Wife just sent me a text. Apparently an Eight year old boy was attacked by an Mountain Lion not far from where we live this evening. Flight for life was called in for transport.

6/23/19 @ 10:16 AM
swamp people
swamp people
User since 5/14/12

I saw a whole bunch of cougars yesterday at south shore bar and grill. I think they came up from Illinois 

6/22/19 @ 1:18 PM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01
Wife just saw one cross Cty.B in Vilas one mile east of Bents  Camp driveway. Was heading North. And yes, she knows the difference between Bobcats and the like. Had a very good look at it and her description was accurate. 
3/7/19 @ 11:49 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

They’re pretty scarce with Global Cooling Shane.  

Pool8 has a good idea though - might increase your odds.  

3/7/19 @ 9:18 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

Shane.     If you encountered one the spoor that you would leave would be enough to scare it off!

3/7/19 @ 8:21 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

Hopefully she knows house wiring....

3/7/19 @ 7:56 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Shane I found if I slather my body in fancy feast and yell here kiddy kiddy while in their territory it seems to help attract them. Hope this helps.

3/7/19 @ 6:09 PM
1 bottom bouncer
User since 9/12/17

Don't go to the forums very often.  I didn't realize this was about actual 4 legged animals. Fighting off a 30#er kinda made me laugh.

3/1/19 @ 10:21 AM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

BA , would you like to pet a "kitten" that can do that ?

3/1/19 @ 7:56 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
2/15/19 @ 8:16 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Absolutely! I’m betting no one here would want to tangle with a 30 pound raccoon or badger with bare hands!  

Judging from the cuts on the victims face, he had a handful! 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 64 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE