LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Cool looking bugs and other creepy crawling things.

7/24/20 @ 5:22 PM
INITIAL POST
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20

We had the old cool bug thread once. Let’s try it again. 

Cool looking bugs and other creepy crawling things. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Cool looking bugs and other creepy crawling things. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Displaying 1 to 15 of 780 posts
4/22/24 @ 6:14 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Little tarantula
4/21/24 @ 7:49 PM
crobar
User since 6/19/01
Holy Cow IQ....looks like something out of the  movie   The Fly    
4/21/24 @ 4:20 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10
I didn’t even notice this bug on the flower I took a picture of, it’s actually a fly…Epalpus signifer is a species of bristle fly in the family Tachinidae. It is found in North America.
Cool looking bugs and other creepy crawling things. photo by ice queen
4/21/24 @ 12:54 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10
Took a hike at Retzner today found a Red Admiral and an American painted lady butterflies today 
4/15/24 @ 6:18 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08
While out looking for snakes today, I came across a large ant colony.  Before I knew it, they were crawling all over my legs.  Turns out it is a colony of Western Thatching Ants.  Kind of neat looking as far as ants go.
Cool looking bugs and other creepy crawling things. photo by SuspendedMusky
4/14/24 @ 8:46 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
What a hatch we had in the shed there was like 300 or something bees that it just woke up and crawled out. There was probably 1000 in the backyard today. Houses are up they have found them. Hopefully it will stay out of the shed.
4/14/24 @ 1:23 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Boy, what a mess this is. Last year all the crap going on looks like somebody threw a bunch of junk in the shed. Which contains some of the little ladies bee houses. They are way too fast to catch with the camera but there’s about 100 of them flying around as I snapped the picture. She did not get them hung in time. We got a couple houses in there just full of bees coming out there not aggressive but with this many I have to be careful. 
4/13/24 @ 5:15 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
That’s a Harley Butterfly. 
4/13/24 @ 4:57 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
These guys are everywhere
4/13/24 @ 2:23 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Okay B/A. American Lady. Had plenty of those by me yrs ago Monarchs too and yellow swallow tails. but that's history now.
4/13/24 @ 1:04 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
It is a butterfly. I have posted this many times on this thread before.
4/13/24 @ 1:01 PM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
I think it might be a moth.
4/13/24 @ 11:23 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Yea Jumper,Iused to have those butterflys show up in my yard too. Can't remember  that species name. I know it's not a Monarch.
4/13/24 @ 11:18 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
I'm seeing a bunch of these.
Cool looking bugs and other creepy crawling things. photo by jumpsteady
4/12/24 @ 1:23 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08
A couple of interesting things today...

An Orange Blister Beetle in a thistle flower, an Eastern Pondhawk dragonfly, then found a Brown Anole lizard that was having an eastern pondhawk for breakfast.  That took a while to swallow...lol.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 780 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE