LOGIN
Lake-Link

College Hoops

10/26/06 @ 11:30 AM
ORIGINAL POST
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04
what is up with Illinois and Michigan States non conference schedules? At least Illinois has Arizona and Maryland...but MSU is obviously looking to to go undefeated into the Big Ten schedule instead of carrying in four losses like the last few years! Ohio State has a couple tough games including Cincy, Florida and North Carolina.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 442 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
3/31/20 @ 9:35 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

We’d be down to the final four right now.

Gonzaga, Michigan State, Kansas, and Virginia would be my picks. Anyone else? 

3/11/20 @ 7:32 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

I don't think the NCAA had many options with this.  Many campuses are shutting down as much face to face instruction and contact as possible and limiting crowd sizes for any and all events.  If the NCAA would've pushed on by allowing crowds they'd be slammed for being money grubbing whores.  We know they are but here they are at least trying to conceal it.  UW has limited the amount of people allowed at the women's hockey game against Clarkson.  

It's going to be weird if the games are actually played but not unprecedented.  College basketball games have been played before with no one watching in person.  Obviously not on this scale.  What will be interesting is how the court will be mic'd and what sounds will get through on TV that would've been muffled by crowd noise.  Refs will hear things they don't normally hear so these games will have a much different flow if the officiating doesn't adapt to it.  Betting lines are going to be tough to pin down and in a year where the tournament is as open as it's been in awhile some really funky stuff could happen.  

3/11/20 @ 7:19 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

If the dance goes well, we will all complain.  if they did nothing and several teams lose many players and it impacts results, we would complain they should have acted.  This is tons of money, they did not choose lightly.  I do hope maybe smaller stadiums.

3/11/20 @ 4:15 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

No crowds at the big dance.  This is going to be so dumb.

3/10/20 @ 11:03 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

Ivy league just cancelled their conference tournament. I'm not at all worried about catching this cough and fever. Is it time to start worrying that the only march madness we will get this year is the Coronavirus?  

It is easy for them to cancel their tournament, their auto bid goes to the reg season champ.

NCAA is way too money hungry to scratch it but I do think it's going to be different atmosphere 

3/8/20 @ 11:58 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Am I the only one that think Michigan is overrated this year? How they’re still in the top 25 is beyond me. Wonder if they were Northwestern instead of Michigan- would they still be top 25? Or does the brand sometimes elevate your rankings preseason and you just gonna stay in the top 25 Or longer than you should be.

3/1/20 @ 12:39 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

If Rodents could hit free throws, Wisconsin could be in the mix for title. 

Tim

2/20/20 @ 11:15 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Still don’t see an elite 8 team in the Big Ten. Really wondering if a surprise team can win it this year. San Diego State, Dayton, Baylor, Gonzaga, Kansas, that’s your top five. Kansas the only blue blood.

2/11/20 @ 11:24 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

That and Illinois just got hosed at home by the refs. Horrible officiating. 

Tim

2/11/20 @ 10:38 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Maryland escapes with a home win against what the record says is a bad Nebraska squad. Hope Bucky was paying attention. 

Nothing comes easy in the B1G 10 this year. 

Huskers had a TO left and IMO opinion their coach should have used it to set something up. Lost opportunity for them.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 442 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.