LOGIN
Lake-Link

Classic car value

5/25/18 @ 6:40 PM
ORIGNAL POST
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09

My wife and I were given a 1968 (or '69) Plymouth Satellite by my father-in-law, who recently passed away.  The car is in pretty nice shape...not mint condition, but kept up well, under 40,000 miles....it's a neat ol' thing.  Anyways, I am NOT a car guy!!  I really have no idea what I am sitting on here (or what I'm going to do with it!), and am just curious if anybody knows of a website or publication that is something like Kelley Blue Book, except for classic cars.  Thanks!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/4/18 @ 5:17 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

I would just drive it,"Sunday Driver " if you or your wife would want to. My Daily driver is a 1981 Toyota Pickup and everyone for 30 miles around knows that vehicle. And I had another 1980 the exact same that I used to drive and gave it to a friend and he drives it almost daily for work. People think its cool when they see something like that on the road. I get at least two compliments a week just at the gas station.I dont think insurance would be much, even as a third car.One thing is just because it has low miles and has not been driven, there can still be a LOT of problems from sitting. Radiator ,Heater core, Brakes, rusted hoses. leaky rubber hoses ETC if you catch my drift, That is why you should drive it, Then you can tell a potential buyer what issues, it may have, if you find them. Been there buying low mileage vehicle and all sorts of problems.

6/3/18 @ 7:49 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02

It's a 4 door six banger, good luck. Very little classic value. If someone makes an offer jump on it

6/3/18 @ 5:17 PM
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09

Here is a picture (a poor picture!) of the fender tag that BUD E LEE was talking about.

6/3/18 @ 5:13 PM
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09

Finally got the car in our possession so I could go over it a bit more.  Now time to do some research on it!!  Thanks to all who responded for your information.  One thing that sticks out about the old cars are how "simple" and uncluttered they were under the hood back then compared to todays vehicles!   It is indeed a '68, with a little under 35,000 miles on it.  A few minor cosmetic issues, but all in all, a really cool car for being 50 years old IMO.

5/26/18 @ 9:00 PM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
User since 5/19/10

Its likely that what you have is something like this..Most came with the 318 or the 273 which was one of the best blocks they ever made and a 3 speed trans..You posted that you had driven the car and if it had a 383 or the 426 hemi in it   you would of known..only 9 made and i dont think any went into the 4 door model..

Barrett Jackson has had some cross the floor in the last 6 or 8 auctions, unless its mint with under 10k miles...  6k to 8k

https://youtu.be/fc-aqciuhUw

5/26/18 @ 4:25 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

Look it up on NADA 1968 4 door  Plymouth Satellite it will give you  the prices

5/26/18 @ 10:12 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

There use to be one.. might have just fallen off the map...

5/26/18 @ 9:56 AM
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09

Thanks for the information so far guys, very appreciated!!  I'll have to go back to the mother-in-laws some time tomorrow and do some digging.

Was pretty shocked to not see any type of classic car thread on LL when I did a search first (before starting a new topic). 

5/26/18 @ 8:40 AM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
User since 5/19/10

Open the hood and on the inside fender will be a tag..Take a picture of the fender tag and  post it. All the car build info is on the tag unless it has been rebuilt..

5/26/18 @ 8:03 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Looks like the 2dr still grabs more money..

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.