Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Chimney repair

8/13/17 @ 4:50 PM
ORIGNAL POST
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

I have an unusual problem  . My chimney is sided all the way up then capped with a sheet of galvanized steel . After 23 years it is rusting and streaking the siding . It is too high for a ladder and in center , not a side of house . Tried a commercial painter , but not interested  . 

Does anyone know of someone in Menomonee Falls , Milwaukee area that would do this type of work ?  Roofing company maybe ?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/14/17 @ 11:21 AM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Thanks guys  ,  I'll check them out . Anyone else  ?

8/14/17 @ 7:19 AM
woodturner
User since 2/12/04

Sounds like you need a new chase cover, mine was doing the same thing and had it replaced with stainless steel. Called a chimney contractor got a quote of $1500, yikes! Called a chimney sweep to clean it and he said he could replace it for $600, worked for me, call John Kuehn at Freedoms way chimney sweep, he's in Mayville and at least get an estimate from him.

8/14/17 @ 12:33 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

So you just need to replace the cap?  I had a galvanized cap replaced with stainless steel many years ago.  That was done by Top Hat Fireplace out of Madison.  I would look at fireplace stores in the area.  Their installation is all inclusive and they will either be able to do the repair or point you in the right direction.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.