INITIAL POST
Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 12,383 posts
TODAY @ 10:11 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Kona, no worries and I appreciate the sentiment. My statement was more directed at at a serial spammer always posting on this thread.  I think he thinks it's funny.  But I get the feeling that even the other Brewers fans cringe at his incessant posts that lack humor or knowledge.
TODAY @ 9:44 AM
Walleyes in the box2
Walleyes in the box2
User since 4/22/23
😭
TODAY @ 9:25 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
I agree Gillespie. I don’t know why they come on here with something that has absolutely nothing to do with the Cubs. 

Kona, I’ve read the complete article you’re referring to and the fact it was written prior to the season doesn’t really make it relevant.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/04/2024-25-mlb-free-agent-power-rankings.html​​​
TODAY @ 9:15 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Gillespie- Not my intent to take over a Cubs thread with Brewer stuff but I get your point and will not post anymore SS stuff. I enjoy/respect talking sports with guys like you and Z-Man (Cubs vs. Crew..Bears vs, Packers) and I was just sharing my thoughts on the recent conversation. 
TODAY @ 8:56 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Cubs playing better!  I like the batting order of late.  Busch 2 and Suzuki 3 are much more suiting to their abilities.  And PCA in the 9 hole at times!  I think he should always be in that spot.

To those with man crushes on Adames, please take that discussion elsewhere.  Brewers fans lobbying that he should be the #1 free agent SS and that the Dodgers should go after him.....say what?!!  If he's that good, don't you want to keep him?  Personally, he's too much of a "me" guy for my liking.  He strikes out way too much and plays lazy defense at times.

GO CUBS GO!
TODAY @ 8:52 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Hey Z-  Sorry but my IT skills are lacking and have not figured out to copy/paste links on here. The MLB post about the top FA guys by position was from March of this year. Had guys like Alonso at 1B..Torres at 2B,, Soto in the OF.. Burnes as the top Pitcher and Adames at SS etc.. I did copy/paste the write up and justification they used for designating Adames on my post. As I noted, not making the case that Adames is one of the top SS's but he has put up good HR/RBI numbers over the last 4 years that either match/exceed the "bigger name" guys. There are also certainly some young SS's that I would take in a heartbeat over Adames (Whitt Jr.. Gunnar Henderson. De La Cruz etc). 
TODAY @ 8:48 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
It’s too bad that we only play them 3 more x.    
TODAY @ 8:28 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Thanks goes out to Cubs for their win over the Cards. Helps us, helps you.
As I said in the beginning of season, It always comes to a fight getting near end of season. Still a lot of time left. It will make Cubs/Brewers games great! 
TODAY @ 7:45 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Kona, Post the reference to Adames being #1 FA SS. I’ve seen the list of FA shortstops and of the 11 players available, not many are every day players. 
TODAY @ 7:21 AM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Sorry, it looked like a 7 to me! Very impressive!  
Chicago Cubs photo by Fishlove
TODAY @ 7:11 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
MLB Network-Though his MVP-caliber play for Milwaukee after a midseason trade in 2021 did not become his norm, Adames is still a very strong option at a premier position. He took a step back offensively in '23, with an OPS+ (95) that was 5% below league average. But he still cranked out 20-plus homers for the fourth straight full season while posting a career-best 11.1% walk rate. And he continued to shine defensively, finishing second only to the Cubs’ Dansby Swanson in Outs Above Average at shortstop, with 16.

Z- I know you are just defending the Cubs thread but MLB network has Adames rated as the best FA/SS for the 2024 season. I would not rank him as one of the top MLB/SS's but his HR/RBI's (95 hr's..318RBI's) since acquired in 2021 are right up there with Seagur, Turner, Swanson etc .
He also has a solid glove but once again not an exceptional/Gold Glove guy like Swanson. He is a streaky hitter and can go on some slumps with many K's..We all know the Brewers offered him an extension, but as usual Antman's pockets are too tight 

Certainly agree the Division is wide open and the Cubs are playing some solid ball going into the All-Star break. Brewers have lost their last 3-series and the break is coming at a good time. As I have stated over and over again, pitching ultimately wins in MLB and that is where the Cubs (especially Starter's) have the advantage in the division. I will just continue to enjoy the better than expected season for the Crew.  
7/14/24 @ 9:14 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac

Actually he’s 9th on that list and has the 5th lowest BA out of the other top 50 players.
If he’s so good then why didn’t the Brewers give him an extension? I’m sure they don’t want to pay for such a productive player (lol).
Do you really think you’re going to get anyone on the Cubs thread to agree with you? It’s a hopeless case. Much like the person trying to sell him here.
Time to find another subject. You’ve beat this one to death already 
7/14/24 @ 8:56 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Well, Adames is ranked #7 in all of MLB in RBI, even with his recent struggles! No high paid Cub players are in the top 30! Adames has trade value unlike any of the high paid underperforming Cubs!
7/14/24 @ 7:25 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Dude, you better look at the stats that Adames had over the last couple series. He was 6-20 with 10 strikeouts in the 5 games prior to today. Those are not the numbers for a #1 FA SS. Throw in the errors he committed and it’s not even a question. 
Do yourself a favor and look at Swanson’s numbers over the same time period. After you do that, try selling Adames to the Brewers fans. The Cub fans know better. 

Just so you know, the Brewers should be worrying about every team in the division. The Cards might be the closest, but no one is out of it yet. The way the Brewers have been playing, it’s only a matter of time.
7/14/24 @ 7:04 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Nice win! Thanks for beating the Cards, Brewers main threat! Dynamic duo Dansby 0-4 and Bellinger out for a total of $55 mil.
Adames had a good game ! Forget the past! Today is what matters!  
Displaying 1 to 15 of 12,383 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE