Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,723 posts
TODAY @ 7:13 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
You did everything but blame the umpires. Cubs are down way more players than the Brewers to be blaming your injuries.
What were you saying last week about the Cubs not having enough quality pitching?   
TODAY @ 7:05 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Great series! Congrats to the Cubs on finally catching the small market injury riddled Brewers! Quite an accomplishment! Division will be going down to the wire! No embarrassment here! Yelich, et al coming back soon! Good luck!
TODAY @ 6:23 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
I think CC has played enough games at Wrigley over the course of his career to know what kind of park it is. It’s actually either or depending on the wind. That was quite evident in the 3 games played this weekend. Which ever way it plays, it’s the same for both sides 
TODAY @ 6:17 PM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
Yeah Z,
Start looking for a closer from a losing team.
I wonder if CC is still adjusting to working at Wrigley full time.
What I mean,is Wrigley a hitters park or a Pitchers park?
We know when the wind blows out,scores can be crazy.
I consider AFF,CCs old place of work,a Pitchers park.
TODAY @ 6:09 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
I think what you’ll find is that as the pitchers return from the IL and they get the guys back in their middle relief roles, they could start using Palencia as their closer. He brings a lot of heat and can shut down any late inning threat. There’s also the possibility that they make a trade before the deadline and acquire a legit closer 
TODAY @ 5:47 PM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
I know about the closer situation.
Like I said,the BP needs improvement. 
That's 1 thing CC had when he skippered the Crew.
He had great Closers.
TODAY @ 5:31 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Jump…The Cubs bullpen has been taxed with all the injuries to the starting pitching. We have guys that would normally give us middle relief that have been pressed into the starting rotation. Once they get back to a normal rotation they’ll have quality arms to work in relief. They don’t have a real closer so to speak, but they haven’t had one for a couple years. That could change before the season is over.
TODAY @ 5:23 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
This is an interesting fact about the weekend series.
The starting pitchers for the Cubs combined for 18 1/3 scoreless innings in the series, allowing a total of only nine hits.
The Cubs have 15 more games this month against divisional opponents. They also play a home and away series against Atlanta. The return of some of the guys that are on the IL will be huge for this to be a successful month.

Go Cubs!
TODAY @ 5:19 PM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
The radio guys,the only way I listen to baseball, said the Brewers didn't score a run on the Cub starters. 
Plus the good defense was the difference in this series. 
Your BP needs improvement. 
TODAY @ 4:46 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Gillespie, The Brewers announcers are the worst. I enjoy watching all the Brewer games, but those guys make it tough to watch. If I could sync the radio call with my TV I would do it in a heartbeat.
TODAY @ 3:55 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Cream rising to the top! Hand the Brewers their first road series loss of the year.  Can't wait until we get some key players back from the IL.

Happy I don't have to listen to the Brewers TV announcers again for a while.  I don't know how their fans do it.  I feel dumber for having listened to their rambling homer speak for the last 3 games.

Go Cubs Go!
Chicago Cubs photo by Gillespie
TODAY @ 3:50 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Great shutout win and series for the Cubs. Should have had the sweep if wasn’t for Alzolay blowing the first game. Assad was perfect today. Bullpen just did an excellent job to preserve the win. Cubs put the hurt on Freddie and the bullpen. 
Swanson played a great game and looks to be out of his funk.
San Diego is up next. Need to keep the winning going and hopefully start to get some of our guys back.
Go Cubs!
Chicago Cubs photo by Zmaniac
TODAY @ 3:50 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Well what a three game series this turned out to be.. Today our pitching was great and we got the hits when needed to beat the brewers 5-0. Even at home i'll take 2 out of 3 anytime. Not going to gloat or tease the guys up north cause hey the brewers played sound baseball too so not going to do any ribbing or teasing.. Padres starting tomorrow night so let this momentum stay with us! Go you cubs!!!
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
TODAY @ 3:01 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Assad keeping himself in the game by pitching well!  Shutout thru 6th!

Edit:  Swanson goes yard!  He is putting much better swings on the ball today!  And his defense is better too.  Let's hope he's over his funk!

Go Cubs Go!
TODAY @ 2:34 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
You should look in the mirror Glimmer. ​  
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,723 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE