Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Chicago Bears

8/2/02 @ 8:03 AM
ORIGNAL POST
smug
User since 7/3/01
Some notes on the Bears' minicamp from football.com.

Quarterback Jim Miller looked to have no ill effects from the health problems he experienced during mini-camp. One thing that did impress us is how Miller was threading the needle in between defenders. He was on target and had a good amount of zip on the ball. We have to imagine that some of his receivers may have had sore hands after hearing the cracking sound of the ball hitting them in the hands on many occasions. Another thing that may be a bad omen for Chicago opponents is how the deep passes were hitting the receivers.......right in stride many times. And on the incompletions, there were no short rounds that would be easy pickings for defenders. In a nutshell, Miller showed no weakness in terms of arm strength. Chris Chandler also made some nice throws, but it was Miller who impressed us most.

Another thing that stood out were the dropped passes.......or maybe we should say the lack thereof. The Chicago receivers took some heat last season for their inconsistent play, specifically drops and bad routes. Outside of some rustiness by Marcus Robinson early in the day, the drops were pretty much absent, and the routes looked sharper. Marty Booker still looked to be the man, and even took a bow after hauling in a bomb that prompted the fans chant his name. But Dez White and David Terrell were sharp as well. White has made major progress in his game from 2001. So much so, that Booker and White are the starting receivers at this point, according to coach Dick Jauron. David Terrell is right there on his heels, and appears to be all business as he enters his second season.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10,460 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/18/19 @ 2:40 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

Hmmm, Bears fans not liking Trubisky?  I hear Kaepernick is in shape and ready to play...

11/18/19 @ 2:35 PM
benuts
benuts
User since 1/19/02

Bears looked good again this week.

11/18/19 @ 12:22 PM
bassmaster+recordracks
bassmaster+recordracks
User since 2/25/12

Quote: “ The McCaskeys still have their first communion money. He’s not going anywhere.”

Thanks for the smile Mom. You’re right. I appreciate her wisdom.  

Keep up coming chaw. Awesome!

11/18/19 @ 10:21 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

No, Nagy is the worst coach I have ever seen in 3rd down and short situations. He's bad in the red zone as well. Might not be the worst ever category in the red zone like he is on 3rd and short but he has a foot in the door.

oh and his first series scripted plays... Holy hell!!! Have they been bad

11/18/19 @ 10:21 AM
River banned
User since 7/4/19

Consider trading Mack to regain some draft picks? Pundits saying his position not as impactful these days with QB'S quick releases? Ex. Bears 0 sacks yesterday!

11/18/19 @ 10:18 AM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

There's been lots of bust outs , Jamarcus Russell comes to mind.

11/18/19 @ 10:13 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04
Mitch has regressed this year.   I don't think there is anything wrong with Nagy.   I also believe that Defense is not creating enough short field situations which is exposing Mitch.

11/18/19 @ 10:02 AM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

Epically bad pick. The worst draft pick since Ryan Leaf? 

11/18/19 @ 9:24 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
the Chicago bears decided to look at what the Cubs did bring in a young new general manager

so they hired Ryan Pace to be the general manager who used to hand out the jockstraps on the saints

Before Nagy became the head coach the bears he was the offensive coach for Kansas City he reviewed all the QBs in the draft for Kansas City their pick was mahomes

Trubisky did not even make it on the list of the top 10

Trubisky was the bright idea of Ryan pace 

Every scout said take a pass

It's time now to move on and let him collect splinters on the bench

11/18/19 @ 8:59 AM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

So I’m talking to my 86 year old Mother this morning, a die hard Bears fan. 

I mentioned how bad Nagy was and that he should be gone so she set me straight. 

Quote: “ The McCaskeys still have their first communion money. He’s not going anywhere.”

Thanks for the smile Mom. You’re right. I appreciate her wisdom. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10,460 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.