MORE
General Discussion

Central Wisconsin

6/10/23 @ 6:04 AM
INITIAL POST
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

Me and my buddy were sitting out by our back porch waiting to leave on vacation tomorrow. I live by Lawrence Lake in Westfield. I was shocked to see a black bear walking in the back lot line. Never had a bear around here for 14 years, kind of scary. Cameras were on the Chargers inside Couldn't get a pic unfortunately. I hope he does not decide to take residents around here that would not be good. It was kind of cool to see the bear but I don't want him around.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 45 posts
4/2/24 @ 12:46 PM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16
Boy that's an old one! if you had a machine like mine you would forget about the snow falling because it's fun to play in the snow. It only takes 5 minutes to put it back on so I don't worry about doing stuff too early in the spring I have to get it while I can.
Central Wisconsin photo by westfieldW
4/2/24 @ 12:34 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07
Westfield, how long have you lived in Wisconsin??
4/2/24 @ 11:59 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16
It's a beautiful day to live in Central Wisconsin today! We're supposed to get close to 8 inches total today and tonight. I just took my snow blower off my machine in 2 weeks ago oh well.

I also have two different Neighbors coming back from their winter vacation today or tonight, I hope we only get a couple inches.
9/27/23 @ 5:23 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

Me and my very good friend from Milwaukee to Wisconsin River
Very good day fishing below the Petenwell damn! We're looking for walleyes but falling out that the catfish bite was really on.
7/2/23 @ 7:04 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16
It looks like the Bears moved on. Put my bird feeders back up. A birds were Overjoyed to see that there feeder was back   
6/27/23 @ 4:40 PM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16
Mrduck, yes I have tried to Dell bar a couple of times. I told my wife the last time we were there that's my new favorite restaurant.
House of Embers talked about going there but haven't made it yet.
6/27/23 @ 2:12 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09
Coulee region very bad today with smoke. Worst day all summer so far. Like Westfield mentioned tree and bluff background complete haze.
Alotta folks grabbing there covid masks today. 
We had higher north winds the previous days, I'm sure that's what brought in the smoke haze. 
6/27/23 @ 1:09 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
westfieldW, have you ever tried the Del-Bar or the House of Embers on the strip between the Dells and Lake Delton? I grew up in that area of Wis. Spent a lot of time in the Dells in the summer playing pool and chasing skirts. Whole bunch of good memories made there.
6/27/23 @ 12:43 PM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16
Anybody notice all the smoke in the air today, you can actually see it if you live  in the wooded area like we do. And it smells also.
We were going out to eat at ishnala's tonight. But we canceled that because we don't want to breathe in the smoke all the time while we're eating.
6/22/23 @ 9:42 AM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13
That would be to easy of a solution.  Rather shoot the bear with the most powerful handgun that will blow the bear into the next county. 
Wonder what the wardens would think about that.  
6/22/23 @ 8:17 AM
samfox
User since 3/17/09
West,
  boat trailer winch, 1/8” cable, pulley at 12-15’ above winch, run the cable to a tree 50’ away, put loops in the cable, attatch feeders with double ended dog clips. No more bear problem 
6/22/23 @ 7:42 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16
Thanks Brent I will try that peppers in my feeders. But for now I'm going to leave them down for a couple 3 weeks just to make sure he doesn't keep coming back to my feeder.
6/22/23 @ 7:10 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Westy-

Mix cayenne pepper with your bird seed (you can also buy it premixed on-line)

Doesn't bother the birds one bit, coons, squirrels, and bears not so much.

Google cayenne bird seed, lots of options. 

6/22/23 @ 4:46 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16
No I do not think I need to move to the city.  I just purchase a 44 Mag the most powerful handgun that could blow your head clean off so do you feel lucky punk. Favorite line from the Clint Eastwood movie.
6/21/23 @ 10:04 PM
Trapper Man
Trapper Man
User since 2/24/05
You might be better off selling your house and moving to the big city. 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 45 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE