LOGIN
Lake-Link

Canada With a DUI

9/11/14 @ 7:11 PM
ORIGNAL POST
journeymission
journeymission
User since 2/27/10
Thought there would be a thread on here about this somewhere but was unable to find one. I am headed to Saskatchewan in mid-late October for a duck hunting trip and am concerned about my ability to enter the country. I took a chance in the past and was able to cross the border without question several years ago but this trip is more important and I'd like to enter legitimately. The incident ocurred ten years ago but I'm fairly certain time frames don't come into play. I am also wondering if having guns in the truck will make it a bigger issue. I know I'm getting a late start but just remembered... Anyone have any thoughts, advice or experiences? You can message me if you'd like.

Thanks!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 12 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/15/14 @ 9:32 PM
KT
KT
User since 1/7/02
Dave (Golden)....he uses his brother's ID!

9/15/14 @ 9:04 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
How does Rob Ford travel back and forth?

9/15/14 @ 8:39 PM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
User since 11/19/09
I agree with Popper. I could always tell them the DUI was their fault because I drink Windsor. I have been to Canada, don't need to go there again. If I'm going to spend money I'll get a charter on Lake Michigan out of Door County.

9/13/14 @ 9:22 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
Agree with the last post. Been to Canada many times for hunting and fishing. Every time I go it's great but not much better than places I have gone in WI or MN. I don't have dui hope I never do. If I did that would be the end of Canada for me for sure. It's definitely not worth or that great that I'm going to kiss someone's arse to get in. I certainly am not paying more than the next guy. Kiss

9/13/14 @ 8:37 AM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12
I got a dui 10 yrs ago never had an issue with the dui but many people do its completely up to the agent at the boarder. What I do have an issue with is 18 yrs ago I got in a bar fight. All low level stuff in my opinion, was charged with disturbing the piece. That stupid charge has caused me hrs at the boarder. Its a crap shoot. You can get a provenael pardon but takes at least a yr. At this point you are just gonna have to wing it. Be prepared to be denied just incase. Good luck shoot straight.

9/13/14 @ 12:44 AM
zombi
User since 8/28/09
change your name to.....Justin Bieber Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

9/12/14 @ 7:58 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
you have to send in an application a year in advance with a certain fee and then they can turn around and deny you access to the country and keep your money. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/402/~/entering-the-u.s.-and-canada-with-dui-offenses check that site out

9/12/14 @ 6:49 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
God forbid you try and help .... Ignore the dorks

9/12/14 @ 1:09 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
Was your DUI a conviction, or did you get supervision. I got a DUI when I was 19, but it got taken off my record a few years later after I completed my classes and supervision.

9/12/14 @ 4:21 AM
muskrat30
muskrat30
User since 10/14/01
Yes, as posted I'd check ahead of your expected visit, sort it out if need be.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 12 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.