Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Boat food or snacks

6/11/18 @ 9:37 AM
ORIGNAL POST
frenchbrit
User since 7/24/01

Really running out of idea's for lunch or food to eat while out in the boat for a day. I rarely stop at a resort for a meal so usually I try and take something with me. What does everyone else pack for a lunch while fishing. I'm not a big munchie guy so something more substantial is what I would like to bring. I am pretty much sick of  cold sandwiches. Pretty tough to do any cooking on a boat and safety wise not a great idea.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 34 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/25/18 @ 6:47 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

This used to be a ice fishing thing but I’ve started to do it year round.  If you have a Chinese Buffet in the area (I go past a good one on the way up north), grab a dozen or so of their teriyaki chicken on a stick in a to-go box.  I usually clean their vat out and get the stink eye from the angry little guy at the register.  They are great cold in the boat and even better heated up on the propane heater in the ice shanty.

8/24/18 @ 10:38 PM
jeff68
User since 3/15/11
Been meaning to try pemnicon. Native indian trail food. No refrig req'd. Basically rendered beef fat n finely chopped dried beef/jerky. Dried fruit n nuts optional.

8/23/18 @ 7:36 AM
Mike Nitro
Mike Nitro
User since 4/3/14

Gotta have a bag of the Twizzlers, Bite Size in cherry flavor.  

6/14/18 @ 12:49 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

I try to keep it simple: Beef sticks, slice up a block of cheese, pretzels.  If I make sandwiches, pretty simple here too: meat, cheese, onion.

generally don't take beer on the boat (passengers can, just my preference not to when driving it) so water/gatorade/diet coke.

6/14/18 @ 9:54 AM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

I have had MRE too.  The “chicken ala thing” wasn’t too bad.  Was on a 100 day tour of the US and we had a few along for when we were in some remote areas.  

6/14/18 @ 9:46 AM
cajunmusky
User since 8/22/05

I know MREs have a bad rap, but out of the 24 standard menus, there are 8 or so that are actually pretty good if you tweak them, and 5 that are only good for bear bait- the rest are so-so.  One other big upside is that they are fully contained from condiments to utensils; one major downside tho is that I have yet to find a menu that pairs well with beer or wine-  I wonder if they did that on purpose?

OH, and one side effect is that with all of that protein and carbs, your scat will be bulletproof- take a magazine with you, it will be a while......

6/14/18 @ 5:57 AM
mskyadk
User since 11/11/01

Say what you will. Hot or cold meal how ever I want to have it, everything inside, 2000+cal. and it has good flavor not like eating a dog snack. One other plus is I extra room in the cooler for beer. 

6/13/18 @ 1:35 PM
phishin phool
MEMBER since 4/5/08

MRE's...you have got to be.....kidding me??? Nuthin more then "modernized" C-rats. 

6/13/18 @ 10:45 AM
mskyadk
User since 11/11/01

I take a MRE or 2.

6/12/18 @ 6:34 PM
gokansasbadgers
User since 11/4/10

potatoe salad, pasta salad, any kind of fruit, muffins, hard boiled eggs, cackers with cheese and sausage, cookies, all those things can go in the cooler.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 34 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.