SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

BITCOIN

4/24/21 @ 4:43 PM
INITIAL POST
ayeFeesh
User since 5/17/11
Moving the discussion that pops up on the stock market thread to this one. Do you own cryptocurrency, why or why not?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 645 posts
4/11/24 @ 5:50 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
I believe the potential exists for BTC (and other cryptos) to fall around BTC's halving due to the feds quantitative tightening. Also think you may see some bulls pulling out profits.

That said in the following 8 -10 months I believe we have a very good chance of seeing BTC double and then some. 

In short, I'm prepared to see BTC / ETH drop, but also feel they'll come roaring back pretty solid!

Going to start soon, and we can all see if it plays out how we thought it would. 

No right or wrong answers, we've all done our homework and have an opinion - almost game time!
4/11/24 @ 4:52 PM
ayeFeesh
User since 5/17/11
BTC making higher lows lately, still in a bullish pattern.  
3/29/24 @ 11:38 AM
WalleyeWally1
User since 8/18/22
He should have got twice that amount just for his hair style.
3/28/24 @ 11:07 AM
3/28/24 @ 8:16 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Crypto mogul Sam Bankman-Fried to be sentenced today for defrauding FTX investors

https://apnews.com/article/sam-bankman-fried-ftx-cryptocurrency-sentencing-sbf-d7bb1a5e94b4c22039d74dfeab1a2ff1

3/13/24 @ 6:48 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
Thanks GTN.

For those of you who are interested in crypto but feel like you missed the bus, this may be something for you to consider. 

It's basically indirect exposure to bitcoin. Wall Street always lags BTC, so I think there are definitely some very good deals to be had.

If you don't believe in the premise of crypto, this is definitely not for you :)

For me personally, I see BTC and ETH as exploding over the next couple of years.  Time will tell if I'm all wet or spot on!

At any rate, this is an article that those of you who feel you missed the bus (you may find interest in.)

Presently BTC mining companies are lagging the coin. I do believe once Wall Street figures this out (and the price of BTC continues to rise), there is definitely a fair chance that Riot will increase 1000%!  

Just one guy's opinion, that and two dollars will get you a cup of coffee at Kwik Trip lol!

BTC Mining Stocks

There's definitely falls under the high risk high reward category, for those of you who are looking for that type of thing!
3/13/24 @ 5:58 AM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
I have coin gecko app on my cell phone, nice way to track everything and also it is free, tip of the day….. Brent interesting pick thnx. For sharing, does make sense, I had never heard of it before, I listen a lot to Mike sailor, seems like the smartest guy on the planet to me, owns micro strategy….  
3/12/24 @ 5:15 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
Now that I'm in a holding pattern with ETH, looking for something that could really increase.

Going to pick up some shares of Riot Platforms (RIOT).  I've dabbled in Riot before, and it can certainly surprise you! 

I believe BTC is going to continue to increase, and Riot is well poised to take advantage of that. 

Riot is stepping up their game and just purchased 30,000 more Antminer units from MicroBT, so they're stepping up their mining game no doubt. 

Riot presently owns 8,000 BTC.  If you believe BTC is going up In value over the next two years, Riot is undervalued (IMHO) at a little over 11 a share. 

Time will tell, but I believe a small investment could turn into something really nice in two years time. 

Guess this really belongs on the stock thread because riot is not a crypto, but I think it fits here...
3/12/24 @ 5:06 AM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
Yes bitcoin on 🔥 fire reaching new all time highs yesterday, the halving isn’t even here yet. ​
3/11/24 @ 2:40 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Just some more positive buzz about BTC --> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-to-350000-bulls-say-the-current-rally-is-just-the-beginning-184753964.html

A section of the article:
Bitcoin (BTC-USD) on Monday surged above $72,000, a new all-time high, but that’s far from the peak expected by some who track the world’s largest cryptocurrency.Lender Standard Chartered anticipates bitcoin will reach $100,000 by the end of the year. Research firm Fundstrat has a target range of $116,000 to $137,000. Hedge fund Skybridge predicts $170,000 by April 2025.

3/11/24 @ 1:50 PM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
Cfh.: If the shoe fits wear it, I haven’t called anyone names, just mention dinosaur because it is relevant, at what point will you admit you may be misguided calling  crypto a foolish ponzi? Never is my guess, have a great day
3/11/24 @ 1:02 PM
CatfishHunter47
CatfishHunter47
User since 1/16/07
Don't be a hypocrite GTN,  insulting people's intelligence.  Give me a break. Calling people dinosaurs because they choose not invest/trust in a digital currency insults people's intelligence.  

Edge reasonably pointed out the fact the 2008 happened and you again took it as an attack.  Is it wrong to remind young people about the FACT that it did happen?  There was plenty of humble pie to go around then.

When the Wolf of Wall-Street is done chest-thumping about his personal crypto adventures maybe he can work on not being so easily triggered. 

On a side note, not sure who is blind liking everything.  This guy has never really been part of the good olé boys LL club. 
3/10/24 @ 11:33 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Thanks for the advice on Robinhood app.  Does anyone know or have information on the Crypto.com app?  I installed it recently and it seems pretty decent?
3/10/24 @ 8:42 AM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
I rest my case, lol. Have fun
3/10/24 @ 8:36 AM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
Bunch of people would come  on and insult our intelligence, think maybe a little chest thumping is in order…. I can take care of myself, no worries.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 645 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEXâ„¢ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE