MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Best garden tractor with snowblowing attachment?

6/21/17 @ 10:29 AM
ORIGNAL POST
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04

I'll need to purchase a garden tractor with both mower and snowblowing capabilities. Any suggestions as to the best option?  So far I've looked at Husqvarna, Deere, and Craftsman.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/22/17 @ 9:31 PM
Sweet Corn
User since 12/14/03

Get a Deere x series.  I have an x 300 and have been impressed.  I moved my mid winter snow banks.  Probably took on 3 feet no issues

6/21/17 @ 5:14 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12

Im a welder at john deere in horicon. I can tell you they test thier gear to the max. They throw metal rods rocks 2/4s ect into the attachments to see what breaks then they make that part stronger. Also a reason deere costs more is the life time always get a part no matter how old something is. Every thing john deere has ever made they keep the tooling so it can be remade if its out of production. We just made a mower deck for a 1968 rider for a guy in texas.  That was a trip to do. If you "work your unit" buy a deere if your going to use your unit anything will work. 

6/21/17 @ 2:26 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
I have a JD 325.  It's least 14 years old. I mowed 4-5 acres with it for 7 years then 3 acres for 6. I even used it to cut down half acre of corn that I planted for a food plot for pheasants for 4 years.  I put that thing through the ringer for years.  Still runs great. I retired it to the lake when the craftsman I had up there died and bought a zero turn for the home.  Now it only mows half acre. Should last me another 10 years or more.  

6/21/17 @ 12:01 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I have a Simplicity with both and hated changing the implements back and forth. I bought an "older" 18hp Toro Wheelhorse and put a Bercomatic 2-stage blower on it. The mower gets to rest in the winter and the the blower takes the summer off.

4/30/12 @ 8:31 PM
fltlndr
User since 12/25/02

I have an Airens and it works very well I think it's either a 20 or 22 hp motor. It has a 36ins mower and a 40in blower. Does a good job of moving the snow.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.