Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Best exterior trim paint

6/8/16 @ 9:26 AM
ORIGNAL POST
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

The dutch boy Ive been using has been peeling after just 2 summers, even in protected alcoves.  Anyone know of a high quality of white exteror trim paint.  Thanks

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/13/16 @ 7:54 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Thanks for all the comments.

6/11/16 @ 10:04 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

X Boat...

Thanks for validating what my Painter also said..

My wife couldn't settle in on the base color and trim color She wanted. The painter got samples of each color she was considering and slapped them up in a couple places on the house so She can decide. I feel very positive hiring the Man we did.. He was not the cheapest, but both my wife and I like the way he approached the job and the detail that was in his proposal. Very Professional.

6/10/16 @ 10:50 PM
X Boat
MEMBER since 2/21/08

I've been in the painting business 40 plus years tried lots of paint.  The deck stain and paint by Sherwin Williams or even better Benjamin Moore are fantastic, cant hardly get it off my finger nails at the end of the day.

Get the higher end line of paint and you'll be all set. Unless your failure is coming from a moister problem with inferior paint bellow surface.

6/8/16 @ 3:32 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

sshhh, dont state the obvious. i might be guilty.  

Ive always dedicated a lot of time and effort to prep work, whether I was diligent enough ?? Could be that I am not being diligent enough. Hard to say.

6/8/16 @ 2:37 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

was thinking same thing coach, you put it nicely

did  a little research and things like high humidity ( when painting )  can affect  it, etc..

6/8/16 @ 2:21 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08

Forgive me for stating the somewhat obvious, but how well was the surface prep done prior to painting? The best paint in the world is gonna have a hard time adhering to an improperly prepared surface. 

6/8/16 @ 9:41 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Sherwin-Williams SuperDeck..

Originally designed as a deck stain, but can also be used on the exterior of homes. Having my entire home done with it, house and trim..

Our environment is very harsh, this is what two professional painters recommended. They said many don't go with it as it is pricey at over $50.00 a gallon. That adds up pretty quick on a 5000 sq ft home...

SuperDeck

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.