Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Assembly Bill 455

11/3/17 @ 8:51 AM
ORIGNAL POST
phishin phool
MEMBER since 4/5/08

This bill was passed by the Wisconsin State Assembly. Bill goes next to the state senate. If final passage come to be...the minimum age limit for age is gone. Children of any age may carry a weapon. Also, there will no longer be 1 weapon between both mentor and CHILD. 

You have got to be kidding me!!! Perhaps I will hang up my weapons.

The term "friendly fire" rings in my ears...already. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 195 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/29/17 @ 11:47 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

11/29/17 @ 11:15 AM
haf2fsh
MEMBER since 6/23/01

My 5 grand children  ages 20,18,18,17 & 12  I've mentored them all, had them shoot a BB gun in backyard at age 8, they couldn't hit anything. All have taken Hunters Safety, they advanced on to 22's, 20 ga., ect. as they got older there shooting became better. Today only the 20 & 12 year old  who are brothers continue to hunt. There sister and two cousins lost interest. So no matter how you bring them up they may not continue to hunt. But at least they had the experiance  of going into the woods and see nature & wildlife. I'm not in favor of the bill, but the DNR  will do everything within there power and they have a lot of it, to keep the numbers up. Don't even get me started on the new tagging system and type of tags. It's a poachers dream !!

11/29/17 @ 7:40 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

write your congressman like I did for answers, if you want something other than a guess...

11/29/17 @ 7:37 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

Is this a law that can be undone or is it forever now? 

11/29/17 @ 7:29 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

that's one opinion,  and you're certainly entitled to it

11/29/17 @ 6:50 AM
Treeshark
User since 4/5/09

Good points jkb- never needed to by a separate kill tag to spend time hunting with your kids in the past. Not sure why it has to be all about the kill for the child/infant now.

11/29/17 @ 6:31 AM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

The part about allowing kids of any age to shoot a deer regardless of their physical and mental abilities.  There was never a law that stated you couldn’t bring your child along to observe the hunt and learn those skills.

11/29/17 @ 6:13 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

what part of mentoring says it's only about the kill...?

11/29/17 @ 5:30 AM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

The law might not be such a joke if every parent was honest and whose goal was to improve their child’s hunting skills but that is not the case obviously.

The philosophy that “He/she is my kid and I know what is best for my kid” is BS.  As can be seen from these stats, this is not true.  As I have stayed from Day 1.  What happened to teaching your children how to read sign, practice being quiet and observant and other woodsmanship skills.  The kill shouldn’t be the sole reason you are hunting.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 195 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.