LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Anyone else get better milage with Minnesota fuel?

12/27/14 @ 6:48 PM
INITIAL POST
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
PRO MEMBER User since 2/12/02
Was in Minnesota for a week. I was filling with local station regular grade gasoline... and my miles per gallon went up to 20.7 in my 2013 F150. Stayed right around that for the whole trip. Returned to Wisconsin and fueled up in Dodge County using Premium(no ethanol supposedly)gas. My milage has dropped back down to 15.8 So what gives? I am confused....I thought that the premium fuel with no ethanol would yeild me as good of mileage as non ethanol minnesota regular gas. Anyone know why this is. Tried to look it up and can not find any threads about it on the web. My son says he gets the same results as me with his honda......way better milage. What are your real life results?
Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
5/29/20 @ 7:40 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

police cars get the worst 

12/29/14 @ 9:04 AM
'Eye Catcher
User since 6/15/01
I never trust the computer calculated mpg. You need to calculate it manually the old fashioned way to really know for sure what you got. Just went on a 300 mile trip to Wisconsin and the computer told me I got 17.3 mpg while in reality I got 20.5.
12/28/14 @ 1:31 PM
bowtech Dee
bowtech Dee
User since 10/23/12
I average between 18 to 19.5 when I head upnorth. I usually set cruise at about 75. I also have a tonneau cover and my truck is a supercrew (4 door).Back and forth to work is about the same 18 to 21. Are you resetting the mpg during each trip?
12/28/14 @ 11:50 AM
Hildy Boys
Hildy Boys
User since 12/14/09
My wife and I get an average of 10 mpg better in wisconsin then we do in minnesota. And about 15 mpg better then North Dakota. We do a lot of driving in all 3 states
12/28/14 @ 11:12 AM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
Bowtech.........2013 with the 5.0. I have the supercab, with tonneau cover. I'll be heading up north later this week so I will have to see if it changes. Right now I am averaging 15.8 computer computated miles per gallon................Mostly rural driving. What are you getting?
12/28/14 @ 10:49 AM
mendota
PRO MEMBER User since 12/19/01
Just returned from MN yesterday, our CRV gets pretty much the same mileage either direction. Plus or minus the wind, which can make a 5mpg difference even in the CRV. Paying 2.09 a gallon was pretty nice though. Been a while since I could fill a tank for under $30.
12/28/14 @ 8:22 AM
bowtech Dee
bowtech Dee
User since 10/23/12
Might just be the quality of gas. Being a Ford tech we usually get a fair share of gas mileage concerns and we usually have to look at what speed was driven, towing or not, temperature, several other factors. What engine do you have the 5.0 or ecoboost. Might have more moisture content in the fuel we have then in Minnesota.You would have to do a fuel sample test to see what the ethanol content is also.
12/27/14 @ 10:15 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
hmmmmmmmm.....ya really think the 150 ft difference matters. Interesting thought though double D
12/27/14 @ 9:42 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
bowtech.............. I usually burn regular gas. My interest was more in why I got 20 + mpg running fuel in Minnesota. Same type of mixed driving as I do here so the only difference was the fuel. I suspected it was the ethanol blend so I did an experiment and used fuel from dodge county that said "Zero" ethanol. Of course the only non ethanol fuel in Wisconsin is premium (in select areas) or race/aviation fuel, so thats what I used. I am back to burning regular gas with the same milage as using the premium. So again....anyone else notice a difference in milage depending on what state you get your fuel in?
12/27/14 @ 7:52 PM
bowtech Dee
bowtech Dee
User since 10/23/12
Using premium fuel in a vehicle that dosent require has next to none for benefits. Don't know what the standard octane is for Minnesota fuel. I have a 2012 f150 5.0 and average 18 to 21 except when temperature really dips as colder air is more dense and requires more fuel to burn correctly. Don't know what speeds were driven or how far of trips between fillups...alot of variables to consider.
Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE