MORE
General Discussion

Any Runners out there?

5/30/11 @ 8:19 PM
INITIAL POST
sapman
sapman
User since 8/16/01
Just curious who runs, how often, and what races do you do?

Displaying 20 to 29 of 92 posts
10/19/13 @ 10:55 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Yeah they are impressive LF. Also found out that I was mistaken on how fast I can run. I frequently use the treadmill, and the course was outside, which slowed me down considerably. I gave it all I had and I was mid 8's per mile. the kids on the other hand are running a mile in the 6's, there was 0 chance of me keeping up. Next year maybe I'll wear one of those orange triangles on my back so the kids don't run me over or mistake me for a tree.
10/19/13 @ 8:24 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06
Those high school cross country runners are impressive. My cousin just ran 16:59 at his last meet. I plug along at a 9-10 minute miles and can't imagine running those kind of times.
10/18/13 @ 9:04 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
It was a fun race. The coach had the kids run 2 miles before the parents showed up. It didn't slow them down much, the kids still beat the parents rather convincingly, those kids can run like the wind. My son even slowed down so the old man could catch up, thought that was nice gesture...
10/18/13 @ 7:13 PM
fishs
User since 2/17/04
Been a runner for 42 years. Start warm and strip down as you go. Maybe have someone at the halfway point to collect a layer. In my younger days at 32* I would prolly start off in shorts with a tee shirt, gloves and wind breaker (no hat) but over time my tolerance for the weather has changed. Good luck and start slow. Plenty of distance to use all the fuel in the tank the last 1/2 to 1/4 of the run.
10/18/13 @ 3:59 PM
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09
Signed up to do my first ever half-marathon on Sunday. The distance isn't worrying me too much, but the weather forecast isn't boosting my confidence. Maybe into the low/mid 30's at the start with a rather light wind. Just a little concerned how heavy...or light, to dress. I'm a pretty sweaty guy, which leads to a nice chill after soaking through a layer. Haven't had the opportunity to run in chilly weather in forever, so I guess we'll just see how the body reacts!
10/7/13 @ 8:08 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
So my boy is in cross country this year. Next week is the parent / child run. I believe it is a 2 mile run. I run a mile comfortably in around 8 minutes, 7 if I'm pushing it. Hope that is enough to keep up with the boy and all his buddies...
8/4/13 @ 9:00 AM
Get Hooked
User since 9/1/09
I have a question for runners...... Why in cities where there are sidewalks, do runners choose to run on the road instead of the empty sidewalks? I would understand if I seen a crappy sidewalk. Is it to not be so noticed by dogs? I see this with bikes alot to. It just seems safer to stick with the sidewalk. Is the road a softer surface?
8/1/13 @ 7:59 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
I used to run 3 to 7 miles per day, but have been slacking big time for the last year and half - jumped back on the bandwagon last week. Just got in from a 2.5 mile jog. Felt good to put on the running shoes again.
1/28/13 @ 7:38 AM
Josh
Josh
User since 6/16/01
Bump. I ran my November marathon in 3:36 and have done nothing but eat and drink beer since, so I'm back up about 12 pounds. Need some motivation. Doh!
10/23/12 @ 7:17 AM
fishs
User since 2/17/04
If your able to plod at all at the age of 50 your doing just fine. It's the benefits of exercise that are important not so much how you pursue it.
Displaying 20 to 29 of 92 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE