SEARCH
MORE
Fly Fishing

Steelhead flies

11/4/14 @ 4:18 PM
INITIAL POST
mostlyfishing
User since 6/7/13
I'm new to fly fishing at least on lake michigan tributarys and I wanted to know what are some good flies for Steelhead fishing. Thankyou for any help
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
2/11/15 @ 8:14 AM
Jason Stewart
Jason Stewart
User since 2/1/14
Here are a bunch of streamers I have been tying recently, for a trip to the coastal rivers in the Pacific Northwest. Wheels off the ground in less than two weeks! Prior to flying out of O'hare on the 24th I'll be at the Rockford sport show FEB 20,21,22 in the Hayward Lakes booth twisting up some flies if you'd like to chat. Cheers!
11/10/14 @ 1:42 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
mostlyfishing.. If you PM my your address I will send some to you. I lived in Racine 12 years ago before I moved to Colorado and fished for SH quite a bit. I have a bunch of flies that I tied during that time and would be happy to share some...
11/5/14 @ 8:33 AM
JackB
User since 11/5/14
Here is a good video about Steelhead fishing in Northern Indiana. Let us know how you do.. Cheers- JackB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVn6l2L_QkU&feature=youtu.be
11/5/14 @ 8:08 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Alaska ruined steelhead and salmon fishing for me here at home so I haven't fished the tribs in a few years but I always did well with egg or egg cluster patterns. Egg sucking leeches and skunks worked as well. Google those patterns, they're not hard to tie.
11/4/14 @ 5:51 PM
Troy Stoeger
Troy Stoeger
User since 4/2/02
Depends on the water, season and so on. Lately I have been throwing spey flies, streamers and the like and doing fairly well. When its real cold, obviously bottom dredging stuff is the way to go.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE