SEARCH
MORE
Fly Fishing

Southern US trout fishing bucket list destinationS

1/6/23 @ 9:12 PM
INITIAL POST
Joshuatreewi
User since 6/15/01

I'm thinking of heading down to some place south to do some fly fishing for trout this winter. I have a 14' boat I would take with me so I can hit some lakes to fish for crappie and walleyes. what do you fly fishers consider a bucket winter trout fishing trip? I'm kind of interested in the Arkansas Trout trail. I'm an experience fly fisher and may head as far south as Florida to fish saltwater with family friends. Give me some Ideas, I'm our of work and have a health budget to play with but I'm going to spent most of my time camping as I'm an avid backpacker so I can camp comfortably down to the single digits.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
3/27/23 @ 11:34 AM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
User since 8/24/07
Man if you can get down to Florida and fly fish, that would be awesome.  Try the Indian River between Sebastian and Fort Pierce for speckled trout and ladyfish.  Some of the best fishing when they are biting.  I had a few days on the water there with my dad where it seemed like we had a strike on nearly every cast. 
3/15/23 @ 10:32 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01
Good call on Arkansas.  Branson MO is pretty good below Table Rock. 
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE