MORE
Fly Fishing

How do you cope?

6/4/13 @ 7:53 AM
INITIAL POST
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
User since 10/27/02
Here I am sitting at the shop, waiting to start my work day and agonizing about not fishing today, tomorrow, or even the next day. I am curious how you guys deal with not fishing. I am having a hard time...
Displaying 1 to 15 of 19 posts
8/13/13 @ 10:06 PM
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
I have a friend who now guides out west and builds bamboo rods and has a fly fishing show. When he first left college all he did was fish. Every day. This guy was so poor and just bummed a place on the coach when not in the tent. At one point he was traveling all around fishing for Cutthroat. He would take a tank and photograph the fish. His goal was to write a book on every species of Cutthroat. At one point I asked him how he paid something as simple as school loans. He made so much under the poverty level that he didnt have to pay them back!....
8/13/13 @ 10:04 PM
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
You fish in the dark!!! Took me a while to figure that out but with two kids under five, a job, a house, a wife, etc. I do what I can do. The hardest thing for me is winter. I grew up in Wyoming and we fish all winter long - no matter the temp. I try to pass my time ice fishing but that only screws up my fly tying time.
7/26/13 @ 2:00 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Wish I could try to get sick of it.... Big Smile
7/26/13 @ 7:03 AM
Down2erth
Down2erth
PRO MEMBER User since 6/21/01
Like everything else Dave, it would turn into a job/daily grind...
7/16/13 @ 5:24 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
Have friends that really know how to fish. A friend runs a fishing lodge in Honduras and Colorado. Steve Brown, all he does is fish. Great gig if you can pull it off. Smile
7/16/13 @ 1:55 PM
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
User since 10/27/02
Golden...I don't like you anymore. Just kidding. How does someone get invited to something like that anyway?
7/15/13 @ 1:00 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
Haven't been out much lately either due to too much work and family commitments. Bummer when I have Blue ribbon stream practically within walking distance. Was invited to a Pro Invitation Grand Slam Tournament in Belize in August, now I just have to convince my wife that it is OK.. Smile
7/15/13 @ 10:49 AM
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
User since 10/27/02
Wollyworm...my heart goes out to you man. May the future bring more cash and fish.
7/9/13 @ 6:15 AM
woollyworm
woollyworm
User since 12/14/07
I only get to go trout fishing a couple times a year because I am so broke ! I wouldn't complain if I were able to go every week like you. So far this season I've caught 2 fish.
6/6/13 @ 9:23 PM
Keeper of the Gate
User since 7/18/05
How do I cope? A pinch between my cheek and gum, and I'm all set!
6/5/13 @ 9:51 AM
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
User since 10/27/02
20 inch brown caught on a jig and twister tail with a ~6 inch chub hanging out of its mouth. Yes it actually ate the jig. Watched it swallow the chub after release.
6/5/13 @ 7:22 AM
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
User since 10/27/02
HA HA Nice. Big Smile
Displaying 1 to 15 of 19 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE